Easy Meatballs with the Air Fryer




I love meatballs, well really anything meat, but these are really quite simple. Everyone has there own way of making stuff. I find that when I make something I usually tweak it to fit how my family eats.
So if you don't like spinach, don't add it. Onion, I mince mine in the processor so my children do not see it. They do like the spinach, but when I make the meatballs I just put the spinach, onion and garlic in the little processor. Then I add it to the meat I am using.
I also usually use turkey now for my meatballs and meatloaves. I put enough seasoning and stuff in it that they never know around here it is turkey. But feel free to do it how you would like.

Today I am showing you how to make turkey meatballs with spinach, onion and garlic. I use as a binder a box of generic stove top stuffing. It already has seasoning in it and it is convienent. You can use bread crumbs, crackers or oatmeal for a binder if you are in a crunch. Just make sure you use a little seasoning.

This batch today from 3lbs of ground turkey 28 2"-ish balls and 14 1"-ish balls. The smaller balls I added a Greek seasoning that I bought.

 I will use them later on a pita, with taziki sauce, lettuce, onion, cucumber and tomato. Or maybe as a salad. It is almost like a gyro taste. They are really good cold. I have to hide them or the kids pop and eat them as they go off.

If you notice also as I cook the three racks, I put them on 350 for about 25 minutes to get the inside cooked a little better. At every about 7 minutes I turn them over and rotate the racks. The top of course cooks faster and then  the middle a little slower and the bottom a little slower. So I try to get everyone the same time. Without burning the top rack. SO this requires watching and flipping and rotating. Then I will finish each rack at 400 to get some good coloring on both sides.



Easy Meatballs

3 lbs of ground turkey (of course you can make smaller, just down size what you put in it)
1 bag of frozen spinach
1 small onion
minced garlic (your taste)
1 box of generic stuffing

Instructions

Spinach, onion, and garlic put into the processor. (you can just mince by hand, but I do this to keep the kids from not wanting to eat it. )

In a bowl put the ground turkey, the processed spinach, onion and garlic, and the box of stuffing mix.


Mix everything together.


Start to roll your balls.
(remember my size is what I cooked them for, if you deviate you need to check them for when they are done)






Put in air fryer, 350 for around 25 minutes, until almost done. Then crank to 400 for 15, turning over to get even browning.

If you have the racks, be sure to rotate.
If you are using the basket, just be sure to flip over.

These are the smaller ones, they did 400 for about 5 minutes and they were perfect.


I cut one open for you to see how moist and yummy.


I also am posting a picture of how the parchment paper helped keep the rack cleaner.
the rack after cooking, just rinse off

the parchment paper after, just throw away.
here is the foil wrapped drip tray, easy to clean up.



Now when finished you can reheat, freeze or I just put them in fridge.


Now when I warm them up for supper, I will put on the bottom rack and slowly heat up. In the basket one, just put on 320 and warm up.

You can serve with brown gravy or a pasta sauce., or even plain.
We are having ours plain with cauliflower/okra roasted rice and roasted Brussels sprouts in the air fryer.

I hope you give it a try, I liked them and my family did too. Actually I ate half of the Greek ones for lunch while I was writing this. mmmmmmm

So, For now,

Keeping it simple, because the simple things are the best.

Louise

Comments

Popular Posts