Made at Home > Breakfast Bowls


Breakfast Bowls

Seems like this Pandemic can go on forever.
 
Schools are having all kinds of opinions on whether or not they will be open, face to face, or virtual or even both.
 
My son will be doing virtual until at least October. So in the inspiration of trying to find a normal, well a normal at my house. I am getting him up as if he was going to school. Doing breakfast and lunch. He will be on a computer a lot so I have come up with some games, books, puzzles, movies, and outside stuff do do in between. I want his school years to be a memory of great things and fun. So I will fill it all in. I recommend that you do this also, our kids are our future. You are responsible for teaching them, whether it is about life, or even academics, you have to always, be the teacher. Even when they go to school, you should be at least checking and helping it to flow nicely.
 
So in the spirit of making my home a normal, virtual school. I recreated these Breakfast Bowls. If you are familiar with prices these can be bought in the store for 3-4 dollars for one. 


Breakfast Bowl

Ingredients

Potato (of some sort, cubed fried, hash browns, tat tor tots) (I used these and broke them up) 

Egg (fried, scrambled, omlet (I used my mini dash pancake maker and made scrambled egg discs)( I cut up)

Protein (sausage, crumbled, linked, cut up patty, bacon crumbled, real bacon bits, canadian bacon ) (I used this time sausage links, two cut up into pieces.)

Cheese (shredded cheddar, swiss, or what kind you like)

Optional:
You could add anything else, sauteed onion, peppers, squash, spinach, anything to amp it up. 

Steps

1/ Cook the potatoes, sausage, and the eggs how you like them.
 
2/ This is how I made mine cooked tat tots and broke them up into the bottom of the bowl 



 3/ Egg Patty (cooked in mini dash pancake makes one egg perfect) cut up and put on top of potatoes.



3/  Cooked sausage links (cut up and put on top of eggs and potatoes)



4/ Shredded Cheese on top to finish.

now they are ready for the refrigerator for the week.
They look really tasty. All my son has to do is microwave for a minute and he has a perfect portioned meal. You could round it out more with fruit, or toast. He really loved the one today. I like it also cause I can mix it up. 


I am hoping that I will be able to come and update a little more often. Been trying to wrap my head around all this quaranteen and pandemic COVID. I have tried a few new recipes and I am going to get busy and get them posted. 

I am wishing for you all to be safe and well. 

Until we meet again, may you find peace in your day. 
Remembering that life is really about the simple things.

Louise


Comments

Popular Posts