Roasted Veggies in Grilled Burrito wwpp= 4pt





Roasted Veggies in a Grilled Burrito, my lunch for the day.

I always like to check out that refrigerator and make sure that nothing goes to waste. Food is expensive and so we need to take care and use what we have. Doing WW, I find I eat more vegetables and I want to make sure they don't get a change to go bad. So for today, this was the creation.

I added up all the the ingredients on the WW adder for the recipes. Really don't understand why all the veggies added together without the oil yet, comes to 1 point. So it is what it is.

I am now hooked to the grilled burrito concept. I find that I can have left overs ready to load into one. Today I had a bunch of peppers, onions, tomatoes, and an eggplant hanging out. I really would have loved to have mushrooms, but that will be for another day.

Roasted Veggies in Grilled Burrito   wwpp=4pt

Ingredients:

Any kind of veggies, you have in the fridge, that you like roasted. I had what I am going to list below this:


Isn't that just a pretty color!

2 green peppers (bite size cubes)

2 onions (bite size cubes)

1 medium eggplant, peel and all (bite size cubes)

1 cup of cherry, santa tomatoes

3 tbs of olive oil

1 tbs of sea salt

6 xtreme wellness burritos (these are 1 point)

1 1/2 cup of shredded fat free cheddar

Instructions:

1) Put cubed veggies in a bowl and toss with the oil and salt.

2) Lay on a sheet pan and roast for 40 minutes ( at this time, you can put them up for another day or let them cool just a bit before you use them)

3) Take your burrito and lay in 1/4 cup of cheese and then a good scoop of the veggies.

4) Fold burrito style and put on grill or in a pan, with a non-stick spray.

5) When brown on both sides...enjoy.

You could use a little fat free sour cream or even a fresh picante.. or salsa. I had this for lunch and I was totally satisfied and it was good. The roasting of the veggies, made them take on a whole other dimension of taste.


__________________________________

October is a great month now for Collards, Sweet Potatoes, and heartier vegetables. I love roasting these days. My next try is going to be Brussels sprouts...I will promise to share when I get to them

So for today.. make it yours, change up the veggies, eat to enjoy and enjoy your family.. From my family to yours Happy Fall!


Comments

Popular Posts