Air Fryer Alligator Nuggets (Series 1-10)



Air Fryer Alligator Nuggets.

I am madly in love with my Air Fryer. Yes, you really have to use it, and then you can figure things out better with it.
For example breading something like this, I have learned to spray (liberally)a piece of foil, and then dip each nugget in a baggie of breading mix and seasoning. Coating nicely. Then lay on the foil, and squirt again. I then take a little more of the breading and add to the top of each nugget again and spray once more. Halfway I will turn them over and usually takes about 10 - 12 minutes and then I up the heat to 400 to crisp them.
Then I pull off and let cool. All the cleanup I have is to throw the foil away.
These turned out nice and crispy and barely any oil, I used a mister of coconut oil with them this time.

Air Fryer Alligator Nuggets

Alligator Nuggets (frozen - let thaw and semi wet)
*I do not dip in an egg, I use the natural juice so it is lets calories for me
Bag of seasoning mix
*zattarans makes a nice one, or just a plain one, or even a cornmeal would have been nice also.
Seasoning
*Slap Yo Mamma is a good one. Blackenin Cajun.

Instructions:

1) Cover the tray of the air fryer oven (the one with the three racks) with foil or parchment rounds. and spray liberally.
 *the one with the drawer, I put just a piece of the holes parchment paper. So the air works through, but foil if you don't have any.

2) Take a gallon baggie and put your flour mix and seasoning in it.

3) Dip each piece of the alligator into it and lay with space in between each on onto the rack.

4) Re-spray them and then take a little more of the mix and sprinkle on top, and spray a little more.

5) Cook at 380 for 10-12 minutes flipping half way.

6) Then cook at 400 and in top rack, and get them crispy and brown like you would like them.

7) Let them cool, they taste better.

We will be doing this again. It was a new change from chicken and such.
Be sure to get out there and try stuff.

So, For now

Keeping it simple, because the simple things are the best.

Louise

Comments

Anonymous said…
Try re-reading this recipe, but imagine you don't already know the recipe.

Popular Posts