Chicken Spinach Soup




I am back on the spinach wagon, again. I really like this recipe because it was simple and quick. I got the actual recipe from the cooking light magazine, so you can google it and get the exact stuff. Or you can go from mine, I tweaked it a bit to fit my family. Like larger the soup pot. I also took a picture of it for you, but alas it turned out kinda blurry. You can also google their recipe and see a beautiful picture of the soup. It is as good as it is pretty.

So let me get started. I liked this recipe, because I had everything I needed on my shelves, and freezer. Easy and quick.

Chicken Spinach Soup

Ingredients:

2 cans of chicken broth (3 cups)(you can use homemade or chicken boulion (just remember the boulion has salt)

2 cans of cream of chicken soup

1 small box of dried cheese tortellini (mine actually came in a box)

1 small 10 bag of frozen spinach (drain this and chop up)

2 chicken breasts (cooked) (or leftover chicken you have, shredded or cut into pieces)

2 cups of skim milk

A dash of salt and pepper

Directions:

I took the chicken broth first and started it to boil. My chicken was uncooked so I cooked it in the broth and removed it to cut it up. Then I dropped the tortellini in the boiling water, till just about tender. Then I added the rest, bringing it to a boil, and then cut heat low until the tortellini's were completely cooked. Turn off heat and let cool about 5 minutes. The taste of the soup is better if it cools a bit.

It really was so easy and so quick. The kids ate almost a whole soup pot full. I think next time I will add more tortellinis.

The little bit of what was left, was also wonderful. It thickened up and was great. I actually hid and ate it.

I hope this post finds all my friends and family. Well and happy. Till next time..

Comments

Popular Posts