Easy Chicken Marsala wwpp=6 points w/ rice= 10pts






I am so sorry that I have been awhile a while. I have been dealing with some hip issues and which in turn set me back on my Weight Watchers. I guess the blessing is that I didn't gain back but one pound. I am just now getting to where I can walk again and starting next week, I will start back walking in the pool and my recumbent bike. So maybe.. I can kick start this diet again.

This is also summer vacation for the kids. School has been out for a few weeks and I actually feel as if I am just chasing my tail. My kitchen is never clean, dishes, silver ware...you get the picture.. wet towels..and it just goes on.

Every time I hit my computer, they yell for something, or wanna know what I am doing. Cooking forget about it. They eat it so fast, there is no pictures to tell the story.

Tonight however, the Daddy, Big Brother and the Big Sister are off to a Yankee game here in Atlanta. If my husband actually bled, it would bleed Yankee Blue..he is a die hard fan. So of course that has rubbed off on the kids. The littlest is really not too happy he had to stay home with me, but I wouldn't have made all the stairs.

I have also been on a grilling kick. I actually have an indoor electric grill and I bet I have used it 4 times this week. Keeps the kitchen from being so hot. I am in love..get that in love with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I really thought that I loved the chicken breast, nope, these little babies are 3 points on weight watchers (so you can actually control a portion) also they have a really great satisfying taste. They seem so much more yummier, and they pick up flavors so much better. I have been grilling them on the little grill with curry spice on it. Now there is another flavor the curry spice..where have they been all my life.. sooooo yummy too.

Gosh as I sit here and type I am thinking of all the things I want to share with you and I will, promise. I am going to start blogging them.

For today I made an Easy Chicken Marsala. Chicken Marsala reminds me of the restarants up in NYC and it always came with mashed potatoes. It was just the Marsala, that just always was so flavorful.

Easy Chicken Marsala (this feed my 5)

Chicken boneless skinless thighs (I figured two for each portion)

3 tablespoons of flour

2 onions (sliced thinly)

6 cloves of garlic (cause I am a garlic fan)

a squirt of ginger ( I buy it in a tube)

container of button mushrooms ( you can use as much as you like)

1/2 bottle of marsala vinegar (you can also use marsala wine)

Instructions:

1) Lightly dredge the chicken in the flour (I put them all in a bag and then pour in the flour and shakey, shakey)

2) In a large shallow pan, spray with pam olive oil.

3) On medium heat, lay the chicken thighs in, spread them flat. and cook until brown. Remove from heat and put to the side.

4) Pour in a small amount of the marsala (put in enough to keep them from burning but yet them get tender) and then pour in the ginger, garlic, onions and mushrooms.

5) When the pan of stuff is tender, put back in the chicken and add the rest of the marsala. Stir to mix well.

6) Keep an eye on it and stir often. Cook until you reduce the marsala to about half. Salt and Pepper to taste

I served this on a bed of my wild rice, cooked in my rice cooker. Like I had said that in NYC they would always serve mashed potatoes. I am guessing because the marsala reduction is so delicious.

I was just putting up leftovers and I couldn't help but eat some more of the mushrooms. I am definately thinking of trying this again.

Comments

Popular Posts