Breakfast Hotpockets (Quick and Easy)







This is a batch that I made today. I have a big family so after these cool I will just put on in a sandwich bag and the lot into a gallon bag in the fridge and by the end of the day, they will be gone.

I do all kinds of combinations on days when I feel like making some for the week. Ham and cheese, Pepperoni and cheese about anything you like.

What makes these quick is that you use the grands or the generic jumbo biscuits (I don't like the ones with the layers, because they come apart.)

Of course with the ham and cheese or the pepperoni pizza kind, there is no reason to even heat up anything unless you are going to elaborate in the ingredients, peppers, onions, garlic, spinach....

Breakfast Hot Pocket  (8)

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1/4 of minced onion
5 little sweet peppers
a handful of spinach (cut in strips. I roll it all up and then just cut thin strips)
1/4 cup of shredded cheese

Instructions:

1) After prepping the veggies, saute them in a pan. When they are soft and the spinach has wilted then add the scrambled eggs.. Scramble as usual. When finished just leave in pan.

2) On a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, take each biscuit ( I do them one at a time.) Stretch out to at least 5 inch circle.

3) Place one big tablespoon in the middle of circle, put a little cheese on top.

4) At this point you could just roll up and make a big ball and put sealed end down on the parchment. I folded over and then placed on parchment sealed and took a fork and sealed the entire edge.

5) Poke all with a fork for venting on top.

6) Baked at 350 for 10 minutes, keep in until they are brown.



Be sure to let them cool. They are very hot. Do not put them up hot, they will get all steamy and soggy.  Also if you freeze lay them separate on a cookie sheet and pre-freeze them. Then pop them into a freezer bag.

I love that I cook my own things. My kids all love hot pockets but there again, we really don't know what we are eating. Sodium levels are out the roof. So again, even though I used the biscuits I still feel okay as to all the veggies I snuck in.

You can also do this with a batch of dough. We make dough all the time. A little time on the weekend can mean a quick meal during those hectic times.

As I post this, next week is Thanksgiving. I will be posting my entire dinner.. just for the heck of it..

Until then ... It really is just that simple. Make is simple, enjoy what you do.

Comments

Popular Posts