Leftover Spaghetti Pie







Lunch today,  Leftover Spaghetti Pie.

As I looked in the refrigerator today, I am trying to keep the leftovers to a minimum, so I can buy the good eats for during the holiday. Usually I have a nice cold snap during the holidays and water, drinks and some produce can sit in the chilly garage. Of course these last few weeks in Ga, have been warm.

I found a quart of leftover spaghetti, and then I thought...hmmm.. like a pizza pie. I had about 1/4 jar of sauce hanging out. 1/2 onion already diced up, and I sauteed some breakfast sausage and split it in half and with my all time favorite (SPINACH), and some cheese, I had it made.

I have these great pans, I actually found them at the goodwill. They are like a set of Pizza Hut Deep Dish Pans. They are so seasoned and they seem to heat up so nice and always crispy.

I also have a wonderful habit of using parchment paper. It keeps everything from sticking, and I can keep a watch on browning, but just pulling up a side. It also is great for no mess clean up.



Leftover Spaghetti Pie

Ingredients:

2 cups of leftover spaghetti

2 eggs

spaghetti sauce (this is optional too) I didn't really taste it will all my toppings. 

Toppings (what ever you like)
I used onion, mushrooms, a 1/4 cup of sausage crumbles, spinach and mozzarella cheese.

Instructions:

1) Spray a non stick pizza pan (or use parchment)

2) Mix the 2 cups of spaghetti with 2 eggs.

3) Spread into the pizza pan.

4) Put on toppings.

5) 400 oven for 15-20 minutes.. until the crust is brown and the cheese melts.

See the brown 


We had to eat ours with a fork, because we couldn't let it cool.
It was very filling and I even have some left for the crew when they get home today.



 I really like it, and I hope if you give it a try you will. Maybe what I write may help you rethink leftovers. I love trying such new stuff.
Hopefully next week, I will get to make a few new things. I found some cool cookie recipes. I will give them a shot.

Until, next time..enjoy your holidays.. kick your feet up, pop some music on and relax......It really is just that simple..

Comments

Unknown said…
It looks good ! But when you say leftover spaghetti, do you mean the noodles with sauce or the noodles just plain? I

Popular Posts