Drop It In and Blend FALAFEL



I had to post both pictures because I was so proud of myself. I tried to steer clear of anything that wasn't just a little more natural.

I did try to put the little bit of flour to make it bind, but it really did not work for me. So I just tried to collect a somewhat like shaped patty, and lay in the oil and then gingerly flatten with the fork and work around the sides to keep it from crumbling. I made 8 with the mixture I made. The rest I crumbled one by accident, so I put the left-over mixture into the little bit of coconut oil I had left and fried it until it was crispy. I loved the patties, but actually the crumblies were the best. You could just make it easy and make just crumblies on top of some rice.

A little hitch with the chickpeas is that you need to buy then in a bag, like beans. Sit them in the water and leave over night. Blend them from this stage. I enjoyed them this way because it cause great texture. Made the crumblies so much more tasty.

So let me get busy with you.

Drop It In and Blend. FALAFEL

Ingredients

1/2 bag of garbanzo beans (I read another recipe you could use a can of chick pea, just drained and patted dry.) (SOAKED over night)

1/4 cup of parsley (I liked the fresh) but you could use dried.

2 lemons juice (of course again 1/4 cup of lemon juice can be used)

2 green onions (or maybe a 1/4 cup of diced onion)

4 cloves of garlic (use less if you like less)

2 teaspoons of garlic powder

1 teaspoons of chili powder

1 teaspoon of cumin

1 teaspoon of turmeric (snuck that in for the inflammation reducer and the taste was good)

A little sea salt, pepper.

Coconut oil
___________________

Sauce

I used the Bushes Hummus Mix and just added lemon and parsley. It also was very good and quick.

Instructions:

In a processor, put everything that is above except the coconut oil.

Blend up until all mixed.






You can add a binder if you like, flour, egg. I didn't and I liked it better, didn't think I need the extra calories.

_______

Fry up into a patty in the coconut oil (I only used 1/2 and inch in a pan. I fried them until they were crunchy.

Remove and let cool.

Don't forget save some to make the crunchies, I finished them last and drain on a paper towel.


Serve them plain or on rice, or even on a salad... finish with the tahini-lemon sauce.

I could have ate it all. But I need to see if anyone else will try it.

I also served mine with turnip fries.



*turnip fries
Just cut up a turnip like a potato. Season with olive oil, salt and seasoning and bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until how you like. I needed to go longer, but they were still good.


So for reals this was a really great plant based meal. I feel satisfied and I am actually craving those crunchies..

Try this and let me know how you like it.

I am again, at it trying to introduce new foods and be a little more conscientious on what goes into our bodies. I am always open to any new ideas. Feel free to holler anytime. I am on Facebook Also.
https://www.facebook.com/louisewatson.lynch

I am praying for all those in Houston and for all those in the line of Irma. Keep safe and be careful.

Bring your family back to the table, and enjoy the memories you are making. Because it really is just that simple.

Catch you later...


Comments

Popular Posts