Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan (Series 1-9)



This is one picture of one slice of the eggplant parm. It was so good. I like that each disc was sauced and cheesed on it's own it gave it more integrity. I also like that it was fresh and it was all the ingredients that I wanted on it. Of course you can make this so simply. It took me all of maybe 20 minutes.
I cut four discs for my lunch today, about 1/2 inch thick. I seasoned them and just layed them on the rack of the air fryer. 400 for about 10-15 minutes, until I got them tender enough.




Then I just sauced them and cheese and slipped back in to melt.





This made the perfect servings, for two people. I was actually full after my second one. All in all, I made this using only 6 weight watcher points, so I would say each would be anywhere between 1-2 points. Why I say this is, if I had used just diced seasoned tomatoes, which would have been just as flavorful then it would have knocked them down to just what the cheese was.

Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan

Ingredients

1 eggplant sliced into discs of 1/2 inch, you can keep peel on, it is a preference

1/2 cup of sauce (mine was 3pt) or used diced seasoned can tomatoes

1/4 cup of shredded motz cheese (again mine 3pt) you could get a low fat and make it lower

Instructions

Lay the discs of eggplant on a tray for the air fryer and season, salt and pepper.
Turn on air fryer 400 for 15 minutes, flip at least once.
Cook until tender.
Sauce each disc and put cheese on top, slip back in and melt.

It was just so good and so easy and sad I didn't save any for a pizza. If you love eggplant parm this is the way to go. The premade in the freezer section is always so gloopy and no integrity. These slices and soft and yet firm and yummy



Give it a try. I enjoy the most about it, is I made it, I know what I put in it. A few herbs would have been yummy too. A little shredded basil..

So for now,
Keeping it simple, because the simple things are the best.

Louise

Comments

Popular Posts