The world of the Chaffle



Let me start out saying, I am trying to get away from the carbs of certain foods. I am trying to stay closer to the better foods for my body. I have been finding that the paleo and the keto recipes are really a great way to look at foods. When I eat this way, I have tons of energy and I have a clearer mind. I feel better and move better. Now I need to watch the calories if I want to lose the weight. Cause no matter what diet or lifestyle you take. It is always going to calories in, calories out. You have to move also.

I am sharing some of the recipes that I found kinda fun and not bad tasting.

I didn't get all crazy and empty my cabinets and started the low carb. I slowly substituted a few items. With the 90 sec keto bread and now the chaffles we have finally stopped our consumption of the cheap bread, white and wheat. Was kind thoughtful about things when a loaf of bread can last 23 weeks without mold. A few made, homemade, yeast, flour, oil and water can only last a few days. I think the latter is the best. Or at least buy a more quality loaf of bread. Same for our pizzas. We all love frozen pizza, because it is quick and easy. I bought a pizzazz maker, which take a pizza and turns it evenly around and around until it is cooked nicely and crispy. Yes, it is nice. But I now making my own pizza crust, rolled out, flash freeze (lay on a cookie sheet until frozen) then putting in a bag, ready to lay on my pan for the pizza cooker and I can do my own toppings. I know you say more time, but I am finding out that is just a better thing for our bodies.
This is when I splurge on carbs.

Now carbs are not bad things, but I find that the better ones, the lower carb items, make me fuller and happier. Or maybe it is the combination of the protein and fat with it. Anyway, try things for yourself and you will find what you like.

Seems I have gotten off topic abit so back to the Chaffle.

I came across the Chaffle when I was watching actually the scientific side of how you body burns carbs and proteins. How stress can stop it all from working right. Interesting stuff. I don't like to just do something someone tells me, I have to research a bit.

I bought these Mini Dash Makers on Amazon

The Chaffle

You need:

1 egg (beaten)
1/4 cup of shredded cheese (hold back just a sprinkle for both sides of the chaffle)

To do:

Mix the egg and the cheese together. (hold back just enough to sprinkle of both sides of chaffle, this make it crunchy as it cools a bit.

Sprinkle just  bit of cheese on to the waffle maker.

Pour 1/2 of mixture on, (I spread it out a bit sometimes)

Then another sprinkle and shut the thing up.


I find that usually it is done when the steam is gone. I will sometimes open it and check and then let go a bit more to make the cheese a little darker and crispier.


When done, pull out and let cool a minute so that the cheese gets kinda crispy.

Do the other one.

Then you can put what you like on it.

This one I did an egg and sausage in the pancake one of the dash. Put it on my chaffle and made a good filling, low carb, only a net 2 carbs. It made me full for hours.

As you can see I am doing the sausage and then the egg. All along the other chaffle is cooking.




with the final
mmmm.... Chaffle / Egg / Great Value Turkey sausage pattie / avocado
It was a wonderful breakfast.



I hope you give it a try, it was worth the price of the Dash Minis. They are the great size for breakfast or even making a chaffle for a bun. There are lots of other chaffle recipes out there. Give them a  try . I also do the 90 sec keto bread in this, I find it alot more easier than making in the micro and then toasting. The waffle maker does it all. I made usually 12 of the 90sec for hamburger buns, while I am sitting making something else. I store in a container in my fridge so I can use them. They last at least 4-5 days.

Let me know if you give this a try.

Just wanted to share before I forgot.

So, For now,

Keeping it simple, because the simple things are the best.

Louise

Comments

Popular Posts