August 26,2010

Hey to everyone..
I am hoping everyone had a great summer. It sure was a hot one around here in Georgia. Thank goodness for the new AC and the pool (splash 15') lol. I swear if I get on my raft and at the right angle can look out across my neighbors yard at their great big pool, I feel as if I am floating away. Funny right?

I am doing great on the old hip recovery episode in my life. 5 years of pain, and surgery. Mmmmm, so actually I think it has been a long ride. I do all my exercises and yes, I walk around my little pool, I compare myself to the hamster in the wheel. I just walk and pray, walk and sing, well you get it.

School started here in GA. around the 5th of August. Ugh!. It has been so hot and they come in so hot and tired.

Thomas is now 13 and in 8th grade. I am hoping that he enjoys school just a bit more this year. I know, I said hope. He is getting so tall.

Elizabeth is now in her second year of college, to be a math teacher. She is kinda thinking about changing her major to something a little more profitable in this day and age, but we will see. She is such a thinker like her mommy.

Tom is doing well and keeps us all grounded. We just work during the week and play all weekend, doing stuff around the house.

Little Patrick turned 2 this summer, he is full of energy and sassy as the day is long. He is so very smart and so very crazy. He really keeps us on our toes.

Life is changing for us all the time. It seems that I will have to get a liscense to watch other kids, well I decided not to. I really don't need other people over my shoulder telling me how to do something. I really didn't know that I needed one, but someone (left no name) decided that I should know and report me to the Liscense people. I really hope that who did that got what they wanted.

So now I am looking for a new career also for myself. I still have 3 years to be at home with Patrick and when he goes to school I will try to find something part-time to fit his schedule. I am sure that like the old saying, "When one door closes, another one opens"

I just sure hope one opens soon. God has a plan for me, I am sure.

I have a new recipe to share with you that turned out really delicious.

Fried Raviolis

1 bag of frozen raviolis ( I went to Sams Club and bought the big bag)
2 eggs (mix together, for to coat in)
1 cup of bread crumbs (I used italian for the seasoning0
Oil in a shallow pan (just enough to cover them)
1 can of spagetti sauce

I dipped the frozen ravioli in the egg mix and then dipped in bread crumbs and then put in the oil and fried. I fried them about 3 minutes on each side or till golden.

Let cool a minute and dip in spagetti sauce...mmmmmmm
It was such a big hit..


Did I give you guys the fried sweet wonton one? I will post it again anyway, we seem to love this one too.

Sweet Fried Wontons

pk of the small square wontons.. ( I have used the big ones but the small keep it appetizer size and they feel they are eating alot more than they actually do)

1 egg
1/2 cup of sugar
1 pk of cream cheese (room temp)
1/ cup of water

Mix the egg, sugar and cream cheese all together. Lay out wontons and dab water around edge, put a bit of mixture in the middle, fold over and seal. You can make a whole batch before you start to drop them in the oil.

Drop into oil (about 5 at a time) till brown, remove and drain on paper.

Remember to please let them cool a bit, it makes them taste so much better. We dip these in sweet and sour sauce. You know I bet you could shredd a bit of crab into the mixture, and have those sweet crab ragoons..

Well I just wanted to give everyone an update and share a few good recipes with you.
For all those that read my blog.. enjoy and for everyone, my love to all.

Till I come back..

Comments

Popular Posts