Cool Cones



Cool Idea / Cool Item… really…

Hello, I am hoping this post find you all healthy and well. Living life and enjoying all the great moments that a day brings.

I am still posting along with my blog and a few of my tips have now been posted on a few website on the internet. Nice, right? It is fun to think that this Mom has so much to share with everyone. I enjoy it so much. You can find them on "Hillbilly Housewife" and the "Dollar Stretcher".

My husband and I have 3 children and I am constantly going to the store. I agonize over what to buy to keep our groceries under budget. Kids and adults love a snack and love desert. Money is tight all around and snacks and treats are actually last on my list. I do splurge when I can. Todays, idea is about ice cream and I am sure we all love ice cream.

My idea that I want to share with you is all about ice cream. I buy a full gallon of ice cream and then scoop them into these little things I found on the internet. I really think they are fun and worth the time.

They are called, Jokari Cool Cones and they can be found on Amazon.com. I have had mine for awhile and love them.

Above I have posted a picture of all three steps, the pieces, then together before you fill them and then filling them. Pop them in the freezer and just push up to eat. Regarding cleaning them, I just rinse mine in hot soapy water. I read somewhere someones melting in top rack of dishwasher. I didn't want to chance it, cause I liked them so much.

To fill them. In the instructions they just plunged it down into the ice cream and they filled, but I found it easier just to fill them myself. It keeps it portioned controlled, neat, and everyone hands out of the ice cream. You know I hate it when they don’t close stuff right, and that is a waste of money. These are considerably cheaper than buying the pre-made pushups and cold treats.

Another ice cream idea is to pre-scoop into containers. For my container I just went on line and bought a big box of 2 cup Styrofoam cups and lids. Then I premake all my cups. It seems to be a hit with everyone. And a small hit to my budget.(I use these cup to portion all kinds of stuff. It just makes everyone a little more independent.)

I hope you enjoy this small post, I am going to try to get a new cool thing more often. If you get them, let me know what you think.

Oh, by the way, I now have on my blog a place for your email, so you can follow me all the time.. If you would like to, I would love it!

Comments

Robin said…
I love the idea Weez. My kids like the actually ice cream cones but this idea is great for when we have a bunch of kids over.

Popular Posts