Okay, I know, I have to get a new camera, this one is so crappy, my picture is so blurry. I am going to keep it on there though, you can see a little of the colored pasta. It actually was so very good.

Bargain! Bargain!

I have been posting on my Facebook all day.. The Kroger’s in my area was running a mega sale and Ronzoni pasta was on it. I bought, and had enough coupons that it was actually free; 50 boxes of Ronzoni pasta. The Garden Delight, the Healthy Harvest (whole wheat one) the Quick Cook, and the Smart Taste brands. I went to Ronzoni web site and it will let you print two sets of the four types of pasta from each computer. We had three computers and therefore I ended up with 6 sets of the four coupons. I also had an extra quick cook from the paper.

For their sale of the $5.00 mega deals,you must buy in sets of ten. Each coupon was for 2/1.00. Their sale price after the mega deal left them at .49 cents a box; combined with the 2 for 1.00 made it literally free. Yay! For me. Elizabeth and I loaded up 50 boxes, we felt like the coupon lady on the TV’s. We also go some other good deals which I will share in a minute.

Here is the Ronzoni site:
http://ronzoni.newworldpasta.com/pasta_coupon.cfm (if the link doesn't work you can paste into your browser)


Kroger is also selling Kraft cheese slices; I found a coupon for them also for a 1.00 off. They were selling for 1.79 and that left me with .79 pack of cheese. I also printed out 6 of these.

Here is the cheese one:
http://savingdollarsandsense.com/2011/01/20/kraft-cheese-coupon.html

Kroger is also selling: The smart ones (weight watchers) for 1.38 and 1.88, you can go to their site and print one for 1.00 off of 5. Remember in the Mega Deals you must have quantities of 10.
Capri sun drinks were 1.49.

I think that is all the good deals that we got.

So back to this 50 boxes of pasta. Well tonight we tried the fettuccine Garden Delight (a whole serving of veggies in one plate.) The kids loved it. I actually borrowed the recipe from the box. I wanted to share with you the first of many, (I am sure with all the pasta I have)

Garden Pasta Alfredo
(From the Ronzoni box) (I actually stretched it and used two boxes and it worked great, you know I got plenty to go around.)

Ingredients:

Meat: (you can pick your favorite, or just go vegetarian)
Chicken chunks
Shrimp
Ham chunks

Sauce:
8oz cream cheese
2tsp of butter
2 cups of milk Garlic (or garlic powder)
Parsley (just a bit)

1 box fettuccine

Directions:

Cook the Pasta.

While the pasta is cooking put in another pan all the other ingredients to make the sauce, stirring and heating until it and melts together. Pour over cooked pasta and mix well. Let sit for a few minutes (it thickens) and be sure to serve with grated parmesan cheese and pepper.

In my effort to save money, use healthy ingredients I think this also would be good with brocolli,or veggies chunked and sauteed and put in it. You could also use a low fat cream cheese and skim milk. I think the possibilities are endless.

So there it is the one of many. I guess my mission is to keep that pasta moving.

I wanted to get this posted so, if any of you need pasta or is just looking for a good freebie, you still have until Saturday, May 14, 2011.

So keep reading my blog, I am on a mission to use this pasta and use it well. So also try when I can to keep you up on my bargains.

Comments

Popular Posts