Bubble Pizza




Every day, can't always be a good diet day. I look at diets as a no, no..and I think more of making healthy changes during my days. This actually was very filling and you could have just had one serving and been happy. You could have had as many servings as my children did and been totally happy, happy.

I was hunting around for different recipes and I kept running into the "bubble..." and this was my take on it.

I tried it my own way, tweaked  and shaped it into something my family would love to have. Loved to have is a funny word around here.

At thanksgiving, I bought the 9x13 Gladware containers that go in the oven and then have a lid to put up and stack in the refrigerator. This was a very handy thing at the holiday, because all the sides could be pulled out, reheated and served all from same container.

This weekend we went to the store to get the biscuits to make the base of the bubble pizzas. I bought the 4 pack of 10 refrigerater biscuits, bought two of these 4 counts. Just thinking that I could use them for something else but it was not to happen. We made 4 actually bubble pizzas. 3 pizza style, using all the small  leftovers and one for a breakfast style, (which I will blog next). Made the breakfast style one for breakfast the next day, but someone beat me to it.

The one really thing that made these not only delicious, but they were easy to make and really heated back up well in the microwave. No hard edges, just as good as they came fresh from the oven.

The topping of course are what you want. We made a four meat, bacon bits, ham chunks, pepperoni,  and sausage. A pepperoni, sausage, onion, green peppers, yellow hot peppers and jalepenos. And the last one we made just pepperoni.

Here is the basic of the recipe.


Bubble Pizza

Ingredients:

Base:

2 cans of refrigerator (10 count) biscuits

1/2 cup of sauce (I used just plain old prego)

Cheese ( we used cheddar, motzerella and provolone)

Toppings:

Sausage (pre-cooked), Pepperoni, Ham, Real Bacon, onion, green pepper, garlic, yellow hot peppers, jalepenos...etc

Instructions:

1) Spray a 9x13 pan.

2) cut each biscuit into 4 pieces

3) lay them in the bottom of the 9x13 pan. They will probably not touch very well, kinda looks scare. But never fear they expand.

4 Next layer in the sauce, to cover it all, not leaving them swimming in it.

5) Layer on the toppings.

6) Place in 350 oven for 25 minutes to set up the base, then open again and put all the cheese on top.

7) Cook for about 10 minutes more, until the cheese is melted.




Let cool for a few minutes and then dig in. I cut mine like a casserole. 12 pieces. They were really a nice portion size. I pre-cut the rest so it would be easy taking out of the refrigerator later. Well that is if they make it that long.

I can't begin to tell you how much mine loved it, they liked all of them. They are usually picky about their toppings. I always seem to have a little bit of something left all the time, a few mushrooms, a half a pepper, a piece of pineapple. With these things I cut bite size, slip into a small snack baggie and slide into a bigger freezer bag. Then when it is pizza time I have a lot of stuff to choose from, even enough to make a famous "garbage pie"

If you give this a go, don't say I didn't warn you on how addictive it can be.

So get out there make it yours, do your own little thing wonderful twist on things..

Have a great day!



Comments

Popular Posts