Spaghetti Casserole with Zucchini Noodles







Spaghetti Casserole with Zucchini Noodles

I bought the new gadget, which I posted previously about. It can make zucchini into the shape of spaghetti noodles. Paderno Vegetable Peeler.
I thought as a first try that I would sneak it into my spaghetti casserole. Well this is really made on the stove and then transferred to a crock pot on low and cheesed and left for an hour.
I do this alot when I have things to do right before dinner. Like take a dip in the pool, to get some much needed exercise. When I transfer it to a low crock pot, all the sauces and such soak up into the pasta and makes it really taste good, especially with some melted cheese on it...yummmy.

Spaghetti Casserole with Zucchini Noodles

Ingredients:

1 box of spaghetti

2 medium sized zucchini

1/2 lb ground beef

1/4 onion diced

1 can of sauce

Instructions:

1) Brown your meat and onions and drain.

2) Boil Spaghetti and drain.



3) Make zucchini noodles and cut up a bit, cause the gadget leaves some really long strands and it makes it easier to mix in. Mix into drained spaghetti.(leave zucchini uncooked)



4) In the crock pot pour in can of sauce, meat mixture, boiled spaghetti - zucchini mixture.
*notice the crock pot liner.. I always use one..they leak sometimes, but they sure make it easy to clean.



5) Mix up with tongs and sprinkle with cheese, put on lid and turn on low...will be really ready in about 1 hour 1/2 hours..





____________________________________________________________





If you look you can barely see the green. The family all liked it. I used the Hunts canned sauce and it seems they must be cutting back on the tomatoes, because it is usually a little darker. My family liked it, but like my husband said, "Doesn't taste like spaghetti." Well it does, it just doesn't have that full carb feeling and the zucchini gives it a lighter taste to it. I will do this again. After I told him he could have more because the veggies stretched out the meal. He was pleased.

You can also do this and bake in the oven. Which is what I usually do, but here in Ga we are having 90 degree weather in the middle of September. Doing it this way keeps my kitchen tolerable.

The next way I will try the zucchini spaghetti noodles with be with a pesto sauce. I will let you know how that works out. I actually think that make be an Italian Dish.

I hope you enjoy my cooking and my blog. If you ever want to contact me always feel free to drop me a line.

Until next time...enjoy life...put your feet up and relax...it really is just that simple...





Comments

Popular Posts