Black Bean Chorizo Toastado with Fresh Pico De Gallo




Black Beans and Chorizo Tostado with Fresh Pico De Gallo

Ingredients

Beans

1 can black beans  (or you can make a large pot from dried and freeze and use as you need)

Chorizo ( piece of about 4 in)(I buy the small premade  links) ( you are mainly using this to flavor the through out the beans)

Jalapeño  (jar or fresh. The amount of heat you would like)

Minced onion

Minced garlic

Toppings. (Of course whatever you like)

Sour Cream

Pico De Gallo ( if you don't have it salsa is just as good)

Corn tortillas (these are also how you like them. Fried or baked)

Instructions:

1)     Sautée in a pan the chorizo, garlic, and onion; until the chorizo is crumbly and cooked.

2)     Add in the black beans and jalapeños.

3)     Mix all together and  warmed through, put on to the corn tortilla. (just a small amount is enough)


4)     Add your toppings.


5)     Next post I will give you my easy Pico De  Gallo recipe.


Meals like these are one of the easiest and cheapest to make. 

Tips
* Pre-make a bag of black beans and fresh them in quart freezer bags for when you need them. 
* I also buy chorizo in the links and freeze them for when I need them and they cook up just fine.

This mixture could also be used for burritos, tacos, and pizzas.

This is a great summer time...Heat Beating Recipe

Food is a part of life, and I am finding that I am enjoying creating, really great things for my family. I am finding on this journey that the simple things really do taste the best. I as usual hope you enjoy my posts. If at anytime you need help..just holler..

"Life Is Really Just This Simple" 






*


Comments

Popular Posts