Fresh Pico De Gallo
Pico De Gallo
2 medium-sized tomatoes
1 jalapeño medium
1/2 of a red onion
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
1)Cut tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds. (if you don't mind a a juicer kinda thing going on, you can leave them) Dice them into small little pieces (this makes it small and nice chunky for you taste all the bites in the Pico)
2) Jalapeno - If you like the heat leave in the seeds. Dice this up in really small pieces, much smaller than tomato; just seems to spread it out all through the Pico.
3) Take half of a red onion and dice it same way.
4) two garlic cloves mince these ( I also have been using a jar garlic that is freeze dried, it is really a nice quick way to use garlic.
5) use the juice of a lime, and salt and pepper.
6) Mix all together an put in a container, and refrigerate. I find the a day in the fridge makes the flavors really marry together.
Now it is ready to go. You can use it on anything. Even eat it with chips. This is a really fresh way to make a salsa and so easy. If you have never tried to make it, you really should, do it on a small scale.. next time here I will need to make a lot more, it was a hit. So fresh, so pure and you know everything you put into it. And let's not forget the secret ingredient...that dash ... of love.
Summer here in Georgia has been very hot. The kids are home from school,l we have continuously try to find things to do to beat the heat. Usually waiting until mid day to go in the pool. I am fine with my new hip revision surgery and am now on able to go into the pool which makes it nice for this summer. We are just chilling, and since I'm unable to do any big meals i am finding best way with simple ingredients that are actually the freshest and the easiest way to go,