Air Fryer Chicken Legs - Keto Friendly



I am finally getting the hang of my air fryer. I absolutely love the thing. I just wish that I could make a video of this stuff, so I can get you to really give it a try.

I do think the one thing of understanding it is, that you have to have a knowledge of actually how food cooks. Like for example the chicken is kind thick in some places, so it will need some time to get a good cook all the way through. If it was kinda skinny, I would say 25 minutes to get the inside cooking and then slip it up to 400 for 15 to get it crispy. Flipping half way. If you use the one with the racks, the oven, you have to rotate the shelves and that last 15 has to be on top shelf.

These took about 35 min on 370 and then the last 15 at 400. They turned out perfect and juicy.

So I guess I should get on with how to make these bad boys.

Air Fryer Chicken Legs

Chicken Legs
Almond Meal
Spice ( I found a Cajun one we like, but use what you like, lemon pepper, or just seasoning salt)

Instructions

Mix the almond meal and the spice together in a dish, then lay each leg in the mix and make sure it is coated well then lay on the fryer rack ( I use parchment rounds I bought on amazon for the fryer, helps it not to stick in the wire rack) If you don't have you can use foil or make sure you spray really well.

After placing about 6 legs on a rack, I spray them each with a non aerosol pam spray. I squirt them a little damp, it holds the breading mix down and makes a nice crust.

Cook at 370 for 25 minute and finish with the 15 a 400.

Let them cool a bit and you will never know they are even keto friendly.

I hope you give them a try. I am really going to try to make a few videos soon. Will holler when I get brave enough.

So, For now

Keeping it simple, because the simple things are the best.

Louise

Comments

Popular Posts