Air Fryer Tips and Hacks That I use.


my newest
First lets go through what kinds of Air Fryers that I have.

I now have just purchased an Power Air Fryer Pro Elite. It has three shelves like an oven. Has a basket with a handle to use inside it. It has a screen that slips up near the element, to keep the splatter down, and it comes in handy with anything flying around. The door on this one swings to the side, instead of down, keeps me from being burned. Also window comes out for quick cleaning.  It also has the fryer basket, the rotisserie.

I like the square shape

door swings out

The main reason I purchased the Power Air Fryer Pro Elite, was that it had the best of both worlds, It has the shelves and the basket and the little screen. This is actually turning out to be my favorite.

I also have one that has three shelves, and works like an oven. Has the fryer basket, the rotisserie.

and the one 5.8 with the basket.

Things that make my life easier in all of these Air Fryers are:

>Parchment rounds, bought on Amazon.com. Be sure to measure yours, there is 9"-7":and use the ones with the holes, it lets the air circulate.
*When using the parchment rounds you must make sure you have it covered up with food to weigh it down. DO NOT USE IF FOOD IS REALLY LIGHT IN WEIGHT, IT WILL FLY UP AND INTO YOUR ELEMENT.
>to counter act that you can put another rack above it to shield it from flying off. 

>Use tongs to remove racks and pans, and to toss and turn stuff. Makes it so much safer than burning yourself.

>I also use a cutting board in front of mine, to place the racks or pans.

*With the oven one where the door comes down, I have a small cutting board that I lay in the door after it comes down that way I can place the hot pan or rack onto it. You are not lay hot stuff on the door directly.

>For the food that needs pans, I use some throwaway aluminum. small mini meat loaf, the small circular and the small 8x8.
     *I use mine so much that I decided to invest in pan that I can wash.
(I layed it on a dinner plate so you could see the size)

 Just be sure to measure to make sure it fits in yours.

I have also before put my square Pyrex in, usually on the bottom rack, with something I am warming up. Mashed potato, rice and stuff that I kinda leave there and watch.

>The drip tray I wrap in foil, so that I can clean up and throw away.

When I am doing something drippy and greasy, I do one of these. I put bread in the drip tray to catch the grease. I do this with the oven or the basket.
* With the oven and the shelves,  I slip and 8x8 under the shelf with the burgers, bacon or wet is drippy. 

Water (just a small layer) also in the drip tray can stop smoking.

> When doing something breaded. I usually use just seasoning. If I decide I want to use any breading I use the flour mix kind. I spray my: example chicken: and then dip in the seasoned breading mix, pressing it into it. Then I lay on a sprayed parchment paper, when rack is full, I spray lightly again and sprinkle more breading mix on top, spray again, to keep it from flying off. Then I start at 400 and in 10 minutes, flip and sprinkle a little more breading mix and squirt again. I use the non aerosol squirt. bottle


Lets talk about the how I use my air fryer oven and how I stack.
first I make sure:
>it doesn't drip down on something else. Sometimes I will start a meat or something like that on the bottom rack, to start cooking it.
>Then I stack at what cooks fast or slow. Here I put the vegetable up top, because I wanted it to be all finished and ready by the time I did the salmon patties. They went on the bottom.
>at 400 degrees I went 10 minutes and then tossed my veggies, and after 15 minutes I rotated the shelves. I finish the veg and covered it and slipped to the last shelf to stay cooking and warm. 
Then I put the salmon on top and covered the apples until the salmon was finished and then moved it down and finished up the apples at the 400 until all cooked. 


When using an Air Fryer. you have to think like you would when you cook. What takes time to cook on the inside, can usually go down near the bottom and then finish up on top, to crisp and brown. 


What Can you cook?

Just about anything.

It roasts any vegetable you can think of amazing, with just a bit of olive oil, sea salt and pepper. 

It makes killer wings. I only use seasoning, no breading needed.

It makes anything frozen that goes into oil can crisp up in the air fryer.

Most meats, hamburgers, fish, or poultry. Come out nice and moist on the inside.

_____________________________________

I hope that I may have taught someone something today. I wanted to share what I do and what I find easy. I cook all the time. I love sharing. If you have happened upon my blog. Please leave a comment and of course look over some of my recipes. 
This is a personal blog. I use it to make cool memory cook books for my kids. Every year. I stop and gather it up and have it printed for my kids.

So, For now,

Keeping it simple, because the simple things are the best.

Louise

Comments

Popular Posts