Lemonaide Pie

Okay I wanted to give the "Neeley's" Food Network "Lemonaide Pie" a shot.

It was so delicious and so rich.

The recipe ingredients are:

graham cracker crust
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk ( I used the low fat green can)
1 12oz tub of cool whip (I again used the lower fat one)
1 6oz can of frozen lemonaide


My take on it is this:

I bought two packs of the 1/2 cup gladware containers (you can use them again and again, and this dessert is rich)

In a bowl, I mixed graham crackers crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and a bit of melted butter. Pour them onto a cookie sheet, I placed in a 350 oven just to brown a bit, going in every now and then and stirring. Remove and let cool.

chill your sweetened condensed milk. Then fold the sweetened milk with the cool whip, (gently) and then fold in the frozen lemonaide (right from the freezer) Just fold don't let it get soupy or too wet.

I then took cooled graham cracker stuff and put some in each little container, filled with the mixture just a bit below the edge. These all need to be placed in the freezer for a whole day.

This is a very good dessert and by making the single servings there is no need to be pulling a whole pie in and out of a freezer and you can take your time to eat it..

Now if you are having a big blast and you think it will all be scarfed up.. Then by all means make a big old pie...
I just wanted to share with everyone, hope you give it a try.
The next time I make it I might do strawberry or lime..mmmmm

On a parting note, you can use those little containers over and over again. I use them to also put jello in. Adding pieces of fruit and filling with jello. You can also take small pieces of cake and pour jello on top, just till it soaks up a bit and then put in fridge. Finish all these off with a squirt of whip cream. There you got it single serving desserts and snacks without the price.

Comments

Popular Posts