May 14, 2010

Tomorrow my baby girl will be turning 19. Elizabeth has turned out to be such a great adult. She is so responsible and caring. Maybe too much sometimes. Passionate about life and goals that she wants to attain. Her family means so much to her. Over this past few years she has been my rock, she has helped me through this hip ordeal. As well as my husband and sons they have done alot too. I wouldn't have made it through without them.

I just wanted to take the moment to wish her a very Happy Birthday! I hope all your dreams come true. I wish for you always the best and the strength to handle all that life throws at you. Love you always Mommy!

My status is 6 weeks post op. Doctor thinks I am doing great.. just one cane now, hopefully soon it will be none. I am whole again, just got a pretty limp, but I can deal with that and hopefully with the summer coming I will be able to exercise it away.

Got a good recipe that I have made a few times and the last time I even made an extra to freeze.

Shepards Pie (some one also called it a chinese pie???)

1lb of ground meat
1 bottle of bq sauce
minced onion
minced garlic

1 can peas
1 can corn
l box of mashed potatoes.. ( I guess, I make this with leftover mashed potatoes)
1/2 cup of grated cheese

Take a ziploc gallon bag and put in meat, onion, garlic, and 1/2 bq sauce. Close up and mix well. Put this mixture into a 9x13 pan. (tip:I flip my hand into the clean side of bag, keeping from having to touch the meat)Push it down to make about 1-2 thick. ( I use parchment paper alot. I measured a piece to fit in bottom before I added meat, it just comes out easier)

at this point you can wrap and put in freezer.

Cook this at 350 for about 30-45 minutes check it cause it cooks quicker cause it is thinner.

When finish pour 1/2 bottle bq on top, pour drained peas and corn on top. Take mashed potatoes and mix in the shredded cheese and plop on top. Put back in oven and cook just a bit to brown and melt cheese.

We really thought this was good and I wanted to share it with everyone. If you try it leave me a comment. I love to see that people have been to my blog.

One of my biggest tip, that I use is portion sized containers to store leftovers, I have grown kids that will just reach in and put one out and then I am not having to buy alot of pre-made stuff and I know what is in it all.

This week I bought some gladware containers that were kinda rectangle and premade salads in them. It made about 5. The meat toppings I put in snack baggies (like chicken, ham) I also put the grated cheese in small baggies too. And crazy me, when I get a box of croutons I pre-baggie them and put them back in box. It just seems to take a bit of time, but it saves on waste and it is easier all around.

Well gotta go, I am working on my garden, I have cucumber sprouts coming up.. wish me luck .
Everyone take care till I post again. My heart and thoughts are with you always.

Comments

Popular Posts