Philly Cheese-steak Pizza

Good grief this month of October has come and gone so quickly. I can't seem to keep up.


I hope this post finds everyone doing fine and keeping themselves happy. I hope also that you are enjoying the fall. I just love riding out and looking at the trees changing colors. It is okay here in GA, but in Charleston, WV where I was born and raised, it is very beautiful. My mother used to take us riding up one side of the Kanawha River and back down the other side. We would get to see all the mountains with the beautiful colors. I sure do miss my home, usually alot more that I am getting older.
So be sure to get out and enjoy it all.

We just seem to be having car problems all month. Both cars seemed like having all my money this month. But you gotta have them, but ugh!

We closed up our pool this weekend. I know we tried to go longer, but when you are hitting 46 at night. Weeee sure is chilly getting in. I was only able to go in to my waist and walk a bit. But when it gets colder it kinda leaves me stiff. I guess I would never be able to do an ice bath. Never fear though we had it up the first of April last year, and that isn't all that far away.

I actually made a good go to sandwich this week. The Philly Cheese-steak Sandwich ( I posted the actual recipe on 8/8/2011) When I made this I made two boxes of the steak-ums (my sister had a tip to use actual sliced roast beef from the deli) (I bet this would probably not shred as much or be as greasy)

With the leftover I was actually going to show you how to freeze them individually but it didn't go that way.


I had to borrow a picture, because they ate mine all up before I could find the camera.

Philly Cheese-steak Pizza

Ingredients:

Philly cheese-steak with onions and pepper (recipe on 8/8/2011)
Thin crust pizza (ready made)
cream cheese
provolone cheese slices
shredded motzarello cheese
garlic salt and pepper

Instructions:

Grease pan with a bit of olive oil.
Spread cream cheese onto pizza crust, (spread how you like it, i went a bit thick, but not so much it would just melt off.)
Sprinkle just a tiny bit of garlic salt
Spread out philly mixture evenly
Break up the provone and top pizza
Sprinkle with a bit of motzarello cheese
Sprinkle again a bit of garlic salt and pepper

Bake at 400 until it is all melted. Becareful it is very hot. It tastes best if you let it cool 10 minutes or more. The cheese starts to cool off and has a very flavorful taste.

I made one of these and ended up having to make 2 more. So needless to say, they really liked it.


_____________________________________________________________________________

This week will be Halloween. I hope all your goblins stay safe and please don't eat too much candy.
Much love from my family to yours...
 
 

To-Mater from Cars

Comments

Popular Posts