Revisited.."Lazy Mom Lasagna"



I don’t know about you but some days get to be so hectic and I seem to have some really long ones.


This week has been a super long week. Nothing special has happened but, ugh, it sure has been long. It has finally gotten chilly here in Ga. I just love the fall. I love the chill in the night and the sunny cool days. I love bundling up in blankets and fixing hot chocolate for the kids when they come in from school. I love the early darkness that comes in the fall, it kinda quiets the house down.

On those busy days, I just love the crockpot.

Today I made what I call a “Lazy Mom Lasagne” I buy the cheese stuffed frozen raviolis from Sams. They are about 3 inches round, and I like them in the bigger size. I have used the regular small square ones from the store too.

Lazy Mom Lasagna

Ingredients:

½ bag of the frozen large raviolis from sam (two small bags of the square frozen ones of the other kinds)

1 jar of sauce

Here’s another option>

You can sautee ground beef, onions, green peppers, spinach or anything that you would like to put in between the layers of the raviolis.
Today I used cut up Meatballs that I had leftover from my meatball hero sandwiches this weekend.

Instructions:

Pour a bit of sauce on bottom,
then a layer of frozen raviolis,
another layer of sauce (or a layer of anything you want with the sauce)
then a layer of raviolis,
then sauce on top.

I actually do this in the morning about 9 and then turn it on about 12 on low and then turn to warm about 4 and put on a layer of motzerella cheese and it is all ready by 5:30-6:00.

__________________________________________________

If you give it a try, I guarantee you will find that it was not any effort at all. I made a salad and heated up some rolls we had laying around.

Good meals don't need to be difficult, and sometimes just a little imagination and leftovers can create a whole new meal.

Today is Thursday and on the menu I am making a "Philly Cheesesteak Pizza" with the leftovers from the Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches I did for lunch on Monday. I will post how it turns out and a another idea to have Philly Cheese-steak Sandwiches at the drop of the hat.

Enjoy the fall weather.. 'till we meet again..




Comments

Popular Posts