Sausage, Egg and Cheese Stuffed Breakfast Sliders (wwpp-7 points a piece)



Okay another take on the Stuffed Sliders. We were wanting breakfast today. So we made these, the Sausage, Egg and Cheese Stuffed Sliders. Of course you could fill them with anything you want and they will turn out great. They also heat back up real well, or like my family they eat anything cold.

I calculated for the weight watcher points and they come up a little high at 7 points a piece. I found that if I flattened the biscuits and stretched them to about 5" circles and then put the filling. I found one to be satisfying. But I must tell you these are addictive and you want to grab more. The actual biscuit is 5 points to start with. I know you could fill these with veggies and a little egg beaters and cheese and maybe shave a point off.

Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Stuffed Breakfast Sliders 

Ingredients:

1 (8) of Grand Biscuits ( I used Kroger Jumbo)

1/3 of a breakfast sausage (crumbled and cooked)

1/4 of a cup of shredded low fat cheese

5 eggs ( you could use egg beaters)

Instructions:

1) brown and break up sausage

2) Scramble eggs and cook in with the sausage

3) Sprinkle with cheese.

4) Spray a non-stick spray on pan.

5) Take each biscuit (starting from the center and start to flatten it with your hand) until you get about 5 inches.

6) Take about a tablespoon of mixture and put in middle of circle and draw up edges to make a ball.

7) Put seem side down on the pan
8) Do this until you are finished. Spray the top with a bit of non-stick spray.

9) Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until brown on bottom and top.

Be sure to let cool, they are hot coming out of the oven.
To put up, (if I get to ) I put each on in a sandwich baggie and put in fridge for leftovers.
When heating up, wrap in paper towel and zap about 40 seconds and go.


These were very good and we will make them more often, take a bit of time, but it does work with the serving portion thing and keeps everyone happy.

________________________________________________________

Kitchen Tip

When I cook breakfast sausage, I cook it all in crumbles and add minced onion. At the point when it is done, I repackage for what I need. I usually split it into 3 containers to be used later. For sausage gravy, pizza, breakfast stuffer, or something requiring sausage.

I have taken on a great many new habits to save money on my groceries, or how to expand my meals and keep them healthy. I am going to try to share them as I go along.


__________________________________________________________

Today here in Ga. it is such weird weather. Yesterday you would have thought it was winter again. Today it isn't as cold, but chilly. On the menu for dinner tonight is Chicken Alfredo and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans. The kids love those Green Beans, if you haven't tried to make them, you really should, they also are great cold too.

So my friends and family, get out there and make the day yours...Until we talk again..

Comments

Popular Posts