Calizone Round 2 Frozen Store Bread Dough







I know, I know...she ain't too pretty....but come on guys looks are deceiving...
Her cargo is full of spinach, garlic, onions, mushroom and oooeye gooey mozzarella cheese. Pulling into shore on this one, you gotta let her sit, so she cools down, cause she is one hot babe...

I laughed the whole time I wrote that. I am my best entertainment. The other day I went to the store and bought the bag of frozen bread dough (5 in a bag) I actually took out three and put each one in a gallon baggie sprayed with Pam spray and slipped back into my fridge. Not really sure what they would become, but as you see during this week they are taking on a life of their own.

Now we all know, I just love spinach, I buy a whole bag or carton almost every week. The thing about spinach is, it can sneak or go boldly into any meal. Also if it looks as if I might not make it in freshness much longer, one can cut into ribbons and put into a freezer bag. Or freezer baggies in serving sizes to pull out for what you are cooking.

I am also a fan of fresh garlic (which can be used and then again saved in freezer) onions which also I have on hand and they can also be prepped for saving too. Mushrooms is another one of mine.. wow these are all fresh things and can be kept a little while and then if you don't use them in the right time, you can preserve them into serving in freezer. Note freezer is my best friend. I have a shelf just for the small things I save.

Saving in these days is so very important. It stretches my grocery bill and if you are like us it can really wrack up in the money. I can spend as much as a house payment in one day.

When I find something I can do multi things with I am delighted.

Today I made a calizone, a big one. I will eat a piece for lunch, the baby will eat a snack piece, the big boy will take 1/3 and eat and the other 3rd I will pack away in the daddy's lunch box.  Gone Calizone....



Calizone

* calizones can be filled with whatever you like. I try to use only dry things that don't have alot of juice. If you use sauce (which I didn't even miss, use a little.) You can use all meats, all veggies. When I have time I sometimes roast all kinds of veggies and keep to put into one. Eggplant is delicious in one.

Ingredients:  (in mine today)

1 thawed pizza dough ( use can use Pillsbury canned, or make your own)

4 mushrooms (diced)

1/3 onion (diced)

2 cups of spinach ( ribboned or chiffonade)

2 large cloves of garlic (minced)

1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese

sea salt

Instructions:

1) I cup up everything and put into a bowl and added cheese and tossed together by hand.

2) Foil a cookie sheet and then spray with non-stick and spread out your dough, like you are doing a pizza.

3) Lay all the mixture kinda down the middle towards the front, leaving clean edges.

4) Pull over top (if you have a hard time pick up the foil at the top and use it to pull top dough over the mixture) Be quick .

5) Pinch all the edges and fold over a bit if you can to make sure you sealed it all. (It will look like a big mountain)

6) Poke a few holes.

7) Pop into a 350 oven for 30-40 minutes. I liked mine browner so I turned it up to 400 for a few more minutes.




PLEASE YOU MUST LET IT SIT AND COOL FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES OR SO. IT IS SUPER GOOEY AND HOT.  BE PATIENT (I know this cause I wasn't)

_____________________________________________




Now check her out. She was as yummy as she looks. I know I am making you hungry and any time you want, holler, I love company. I love cooking.

Keep praying for me, I am working on a cookbook. I know food and me. It is a new path for me. I will keep everyone posted. If you are going to be interested and would like for me to hold one for you. Please post a comment.

Again my friends.. This was made with simple things and from simple things came a really great meal. One to share with your friends and family.

So get out there and make it yours.  It really is just that simple.

Comments

Popular Posts