Chili Pie


Chili Pie


So it is Monday and I am looking through the refrigerator, assessing what I am going to do with the leftovers from late in the week and through the weekend. My bunch usually eats through most of everything. I really make an effort to not waste, and if I can make it into an entirely new meal then I won all the way around.

I made chili last week, you know that craving kinda, chili, where you need that meaty, and that spicy, hot kick. Just sometimes you need that. You know what I am talking about.

Out of this chili, we had chili and grilled cheese, and later in the week chili and home baked fries. I had also got a few bowls for lunch. So just a little while ago, I was thinking I was going to bag it and freeze it when a thought struck me.

Chili Pie

Ingredients

2 cups of leftover chili (or new chili, or even can chili)

1 box of jiff cornbread

1 egg

1/3 cup milk

1/4 shredded cheddar cheese

1/2 diced onion

Instructions

1. Prepare the jiff cornbread, that includes the egg and the 1/3 cup of milk. Mix up and put in a 8 x 8-ish pan. I actually think mine was a little 6 x 9. I sprayed Pam and poured and spread out my cornbread mixture.  350 for 15 minutes. Cook this until cooked, but not brown. I stick a knife in the middle and it came out clean.

2. While the cornbread is cooking, I put my chili in a pan, and cooked it a bit to take the cold out of it and make the end results faster.

3. When the cornbread is done, bring out of oven, and pour the chili on top.

4. Top the chili with the onions, and then sprinkle the shredded cheddar on top.

5. Bake at 350 for only about 10 minutes, Until all melts and the bottom is brown a bit.

Let cool a minute and cut into portions.

So Monday's Dinner is complete and I again, saved a meal, and recreated a nice weeknight meal.

Keep it Simple, bringing the family back to the table.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Another yummy looking recipe : )

Popular Posts