Pepperoni Roll Up



Pepperoni Roll Up

It is a beautiful sunny day here in Georgia. It seems that always when the spring comes, all my memories from growing up flood in. I am from Charleston, WV. and there are certain combinations of foods that we like, My mother however didn't make these much, so I guess really It must be in the water.

In WV they make some really good ones, and my take is just a simple, quick, just kinda trying to find and fix that craving.

I also used the turkey pepperoni which makes the calories a little better and I like the taste. Real pepperoni would give it a stronger and a little more greasier taste. So really it is how you prefer it.

This dough that I used is just a regular pizza dough, but I found these packages of pre-rolled and ready to go, marked down, so I grabbed a bunch and frozen. Then every week or so, I will thaw one out and keep for those days, for a quick kinda lunch or dinner.

Pepperoni Roll Up

Ingredients

1 9x13 pizza dough. Any kind would do, Pillsbury makes a thin crust one, that is nice.

1 package of turkey pepperoni, (you can use the regular, or even deli pepperoni)

1 cup of shredded cheddar lite cheese

A few sprinkles of Garlic Salt

A little olive oil

A little sea salt.

Instructions

1. Roll out your dough flat to 9x13. (I spray a piece of parchment and roll on that, so that I can roll-up the dough easier.

2. Place the pepperoni all over it, to the edges.

3. Sprinkle with the cheese.

4. Sprinkle lightly a little garlic salt.

5. Roll up, I start at bottom and roll small, pulling up on the paper underneath so it rolls pretty.

6. Place roll, seam side down on a  parchment lined cookie sheet or a Pam sprayed sheet tray, or foil lined and sprayed.

7.  Lightly dribble olive oil on top, very, very lightly, take your hand and swipe it all over the top.
Sprinkle just a little sea salt.

8. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, until it gets nice and brown.

9. Take out, let rest 5 minutes and cut. I cut into 8 pieces.

I even did the math with the calories and I ended up with 250 calories a portion. Not bad for a nice lunch.

So I am now writing this, after enjoying a tasty little memory trip to WV.  The sun is shining, and I am going to soak up my vitamin D.

Enjoy you life, cook at home, bring that family back to the table, it is really just that simple


Comments

Popular Posts