Spinach Cheesy Grits wwpp=3pt



Just when I thought I had run out of recipes to share, I just start digging and oooppsss there is another one. Today I made this, it was actually for the one portion of grits, but by adding the garlic, spinach, and cheese it made it enough for two. (If you were really hungry, it only came to 5 points for the both.) I have plenty of those days.



Spinach Cheesy Grits

Ingredients:
2 cups of fresh spinach (Cut up into bite pieces, I leave the stems and just cut everyone up)

2 garlic cloves (minced up, kinda cut into even pieces, that way when they saute, they brown evenly)

1 tsp of olive oil

1/4 cup of uncooked grits ( if you use cooked then it is a cup full)

1/4 cup of shredded cheddar fat fee cheese

a bit of water

salt and pepper

Instructions:

1) Prepare the grits how you would like, You actually use a cup of prepared grits. (I used instant and for 1/4 cup of grits to 3/4 cup of water and like 1 and 1/2 min in the micro)

2) Pour in 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and stir up and set aside. (I am betting you could use that powder cheese and get a really cheddar taste. Next time)


3) Cut up your spinach and put to the side.


4) Mince up your garlic.

5) Olive oil in a medium size pan (medium, because I am going to throw my grits into it and mix everyone. We need to make sure you have room.)

6) On a low heat, start to saute your garlic (At this point, I actually used 6 cloves, I am a garlic fiend) Saute them until they start to get a little brown.

Don't use as much garlic as I did, I am a garlic fiend, my daughter says it was too much.
7) Put in your spinach in and start to wilt it a bit (tongs are handy)

8) Pour in your grit and cheese, I used a little bit of water to thin down so I could mix it all together.


9) Be sure to taste and salt and pepper..

I took a picture of them when they were done. I actually started this out as a one person serving. The grits actually counted out to 3 points for the serving. When I calculated everything I used in them, the total was 5. So for those days, when the carbs are haunting you, you could just eat the whole bowl.
I myself shared this with my 6 year old. He ate probably the whole half of the bowl.

With my spinach cheesy grits, I bought a package of salmon fillets from Aldi's, they average at 3 points a piece and with a little olive oil and some lemon-pepper salt. This added 4 points on top of my 3.




This was a very satisfying and filling meal. I am excited that we (me and baby ) enjoyed it so much. That we may just have it again for dinner tomorrow, and try it on the whole crew...

So there you go, another, I wouldn't say really quick, but wasn't bad. Made the house smell like garlic and yummy.

If you give it a try holler at me.. I would love feedback..

So for now..get out there, make the day yours...don't be afraid to create something....

Comments

Popular Posts