Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts

               


                                      
wwpp= 5pt for 9 sprouts
             3pt for 6 sprouts
             2 pt for 3 sprouts




                                                                                                                   
I have found another great side for my Thanksgiving and just for a regular meal. I actually did this with a whole bag of Brussels sprouts (1 package of bacon had 12 pieces/ cut into thirds = 36 pieces)
You may need another bag of Brussels sprouts. Of course when I was making this, it was an experiment, I had already bundled two bags of green beans with bacon.
I wanted to share this one, ASAP, because the holiday were coming.
My children, who do not eat Brussels sprouts ate this up.

I will also be posting my points for the recipe in Weight Watcher Plus Points up in the left hand corner from now on instead of the title, because even though I made them to stay on my diet, they are even for the average eating person, diet or not. So wanted to keep them appealing for everyone.

Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients:

1-2 bags of frozen Brussels sprouts

1 package of bacon (about 12 slices) (just reg. package bacon)

3 tbs of splenda brown sugar

soy sauce

Instructions:

1) Foil line a baking sheet, spray with non-stick.

2) Take the bacon do not open, cut it into thirds, keeping it closed helps keep it an even cut.

3) Wrap each Brussels sprouts ( I know, so tedious, but so worth the effort) I wrap and put seam down. You can lay them near each other, just not touching.

4) Sprinkle very lightly with the brown sugar and then a splash of soy sauce.

5) Pop in oven at 400 for about 30-40 minutes, check at 30 they are done when the bacon has crisped.

* Here's a picture of my beans and then my Brussels sprouts, that was a small bag of them. Pretty right..


Wait to cool, don't hurry like I did, I burned my tongue..ouch!

I served these along with my green bean bundles in case they were not liked. I was wrong. It gave them a totally new taste. They were tender, a little sweet, a little salty and in a nice little bacon wrapped package.. how could I go wrong.

_______________________________________________________________-

I hope to be able to post a few more recipes for the holidays. I am continually trying to incorporate veggies and healthy stuff into our diet. Dieting is a change of life, a small change at a time..

Look at my house, I am taking it one Brussels sprout at a time...

Remember to say a prayer for all those suffering from the hurricane, Sandy..

Get out there do something kind for the holiday, pay it forward...buy a stranger a coffee, send a sweet note...just a smile can change a person's day..

Make the day yours..

Comments

Popular Posts