My Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole



Who can say they don't remember this wonderful comfort food? I was looking for a nice, warm belly filling dinner yesterday and I remember this from when I was little. I used the smart ones egg noodles (cuts a few calories, adds a few more nutrients) I also used one of the white albacore tuna and one regular tuna. Let's not forget the true indulgence in this one.. The potato chips...on top.. crispy...salty...mmmmmmm

I know most of us, probably know how to make this, but I thought I would post it anyway.

My Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole  

Ingredients: (this is for a large casserole - 1 full bag of noodles)

1 bag of egg noodles

2 cans of tuna in water ( I used on regular tuna and one albacore, I love the tuna taste)

1 bag of frozen peas

2 cans of cream of mushroom (you can use any cream soup, I prefer mushroom like my mom used)

1 cup of milk

1 bag of potato chips ( I first said a small bag from the checkout, and then I thought, no, go all the way or go away mentality) so I bought the regular size.

Instructions:

1) Boil noodles, until just about done.

2) In a bowl put the noodles, tunas, peas, the cream soup, the milk, and mix together.

3) Pour into casserole dish.

4) Take bag of chips and open and squash them all into crumbles.. (delicious crumbles)

5) Pour evenly on top.

6) Pop in 350 oven for 30-40 minutes until the casserole is brown on top..

Let cool a minute and serve this up.

You know for a switch up or if you don't care for tuna..canned chicken is another good tasting one too.

________________________________________________

I served this one with my bundled bacon wrapped green beans and bacon wrapped brussels sprouts. Everyone in my house enjoyed it and I was left with not even a portion for lunch.

I was thinking of even sneaking a bit of spinach in, I don't think anyone would notice..teeehee...

So another recipe to share with you all..

If you ever give it a try, or have a question please just leave me a comment. You are always welcome to follow me too. I also Pin on Pinterest.

So get out there make the day yours...

Comments

Popular Posts