Pinned It ---- Did It--- Liked It Zucchini, Squash, Potato, Tomato Tartan






Zucchini, Squash, Potato, Tomato Tartan

I was going through the many pins I have on my Pinterest Board and I have a category, labeled .." Gonna Try"

I try to always give credit where credit is due and the only one I tracked it to was this website.eatlaughcraft.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/tomato-potatoezucchini-summer-squash-casserole/.

I did however changed it a bit around. I had all the components to make this dish, so I thought...gonna try..

Zucchini, Squash, Potato and Tomato Tartan

Ingredients:

2 potatoes
3 tomatoes
3 medium yellow squash
2 medium zucchini
1 onion
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
Rosemary and thyme

Instructions:

1) I pulled out a 9x13 pan. Spray with non-stick spray.

2) Melt the butter and add to bottom of pan.

3) I minced the onion and garlic together in my food processor. Pour this on bottom of pan.

4) Layer in the veggies. Alternating with the different types.

 Pretty Right?



5) Sprinkle with a little spice, I used rosemary and thyme.





6) Cover with foil, 350 for 30 minutes.

7) Uncover and sprinkle with cheese, let cook until brown (about 15 minutes) (we used a little too much cheese)

Serve as a side dish or as a meal. It was really very good. The veggies were all tender.

________________________________

With the leftovers I put them in a pot with a bit of water and pureed them down and added them to my meatloaf recipe. It made the meatloaf moist, and really delicious.
That way nothing gets wasted.

_________________________________

Happy August!

This is the last month of Summer. Here in Ga we send our kids back to school around the 6th of August. I wish it was like when I was little, a full summer from memorial day to labor day. I feel that it is way to short and way to hot.

This year is the year that I packed my last littlest child on the bus to go to kindergarten. I thought hey, I have done this twice before, it will be a breeze. Maybe it is because I am older now and I love spending time with my kids, but hey I miss that little boy.  It seems as if the house has become quiet and still. The one good thing is that he likes going to school, and that makes me happy, at least we aren't crying at the bus stop.
So until I get into a new routine, my posts might be a little sporadic, I want to make it a habit to come back and write.
Not sure what my future holds for me, I am kinda at an impasse, until I get to walking better, then I really can't get a part time job to help out with the bills and such. So I am exploring my options.
Starting a new diet today, well not a diet, just a conscience effort to drop the weight. I will kinda let you know when I get my plan all ironed out.

Enough for today.. get out there and make it yours...

Comments

Popular Posts