Chili Dog Casserole




I always have a few loose hotdogs hanging out in my refrigerator. Not enough for everyone, but enough if I was to cut them up.

This recipe more or less is a great warm up, kinda comfort casserole.

Chili Dog Casserole

Ingredients:

Hot Dogs (cut up into rounds ) I used what I had about 10

3 boxes of jiff cornbread

2 cans of chili

1 can of chili beans

1/2 minced onion

3 tablespoons of mustard

1/2 cup of bq sauce

1/2 cup of cheddar cheese

Instructions:

1) Make the jiff cornbread mix.(set aside)

2) In  bowl put everything else and mix well.

3) In a 9x13 pour about 1/3 of the cornbread mix and spread on bottom.

4) Pour in everything else and flatten down.

5) Put on cheddar cheese.

6) Put on rest of corn bread mix. (I did it in plops and then kinda gently spreaded it out to cover the entire top.)

Put into a 350 for atleast 30 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Let cool.



________________________________________

This also was very filling and yummy. Really hit the spot on a chilly day.
Since we were snowed in here outside Atlanta...it was a good hearty meal.
The corn bread topping was my all time favorite part. 

It also really heats back up really well. So the kids all had lunch and snacks.

I just wanted to get to the computer and get these recipes out there so you can maybe give them a try.

Everyone stay warm and keep thinking.....SPRING>>>>

It really is just that simple.....SPRING>>>



Comments

Popular Posts