Fried Rice (Homestyle) in 5 minutes







Fried Rice is one way to actually stretch a meal. Maybe use up something you have left over. I actually plan ahead for making it.
I always make an extra pork chop, or an extra chicken breast. That is all the protein you need, and I can feed 6 people. With this recipe however only feed 2 and was very quick and simple to make.

I keep Uncle Ben's 90 second rice on hand. I used the chicken flavored one, that way I wouldn't have to do any spices, except a bit of soy sauce.

It was perfect for this dish.

Fried Rice for 2 in 5 minutes

1/4 cup of diced carrots
1/4 cup of frozen peas
1/4 cup of diced onions
1/4 cup of diced (small) of pork chop
1tsp of garlic powder
1 bag of Uncle Ben's 90 Roasted Chicken
1tsp of olive oil
1tsp of soy sauce

Instructions:



1) Take a medium size saute pan. Dump in the carrots, peas (you can buy these frozen in a bag and just throw in a handful frozen), onion, and the diced pork chop (or protein you like)

2) Saute until the onion are tender, while you are waiting, make the Uncle Beans (follow instructions on bag).



3) Pour in ready rice into sautee pan, a pinch of garlic powder and a splash of soy to your liking and mix around.

**At this point, if you would like the fried egg in it. Pull ingredients to one side and pour in a scrambled egg. Mix the egg a bit to cook through and then cut up and mix back in with the ingredients.

Mine is usually so good, I forget about the egg, sometimes I even forget about the protein.
This can serve 2 medium portions or 1 large portion.
I confess, I ate it all myself. It just was so good. Next time I make shrimp I am going to hold back a few for a good fried rice.

I hope that you enjoy the things I share. If you notice alot of it, is taking left overs or making leftovers into other things.
Stretching that grocery food dollar. Seems like it is the only way to keep a family feed, and feed healthy.
If we had gone out to Chinese it would have cost us, 50 plus dollars. By making the rice, and if I made a simple broccoli and chicken to go with it, I could feed my family of 6 for less than ten dollars. That to me is a no brainer.
Don't get me wrong, I love take out. I adore Wendy's but who has that kind of money to throw down on food, that is not nutritious for your family.

If you try anything of mine, holler, I love feedback.
Have a nice day, and do something nice for yourself..
It really is just that simple.


Comments

Popular Posts