Turkey Salad - quick and single serving







Today, I was hungry for something cold and would fill me up. I had made a turkey breast this weekend, and before I served it I took about 1/3 of the breast and put it up. I am a pushover for a nice salad.

I am also in love with these, different colored sweet peppers. You can eat them raw, stuff them, cut them in half, use as scoops. They are very crispy and crunchy and refreshing.

So I began my hunt in my fridge to create a single portion of turkey salad. But as I finished it actually with the veggies, made enough for two . Next time I make it I think I will create a larger size. My problem is with kids, is one day they like it and gobble it all up, and then the next you make enough and they don't touch it.. go figure...

Turkey Salad

1/3 turkey breast (3oz maybe)
1/4 diced carrots
1/4 diced celery (today I had no celery so I subbed for sugar snap peas)
1/4 cup diced onion (real small)
1/4 of crushed pineapple (drain a bit)
1tbs of light mayonnaise

Instructions

 1) Cut the turkey very small, it makes it more, spreads it out into a bit for every bite.
2) Mix everything together.
3) Salt and Pepper to taste.

Eat how you would like it.

I actually cut my sweet peppers open in half and scooped it on top of them. I ate 4 peppers which gave me 8 filled scoops and I was truly full. It was a very filling dish, cold and refreshing. I would say one of my lighter dishes.




The best part is that I still have half for tomorrow, unless I share with my husband. Hmmmmm, gotta think about that.

I am taking simple stuff you have in a fridge, pantry and stuff leftover and making a completely different meal and taste.
It really is just that simple


Comments

Popular Posts