Southern Style Chicken Sandwich - Item review. Sold at the Sams Club-


Thought it was time for me to review this item, that has been the scuttle of the Internet lately. 
 Here is a shot of the nutritional side on the back.




This is the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich, sold at Sam's Club. They don't make any comparison to the Chik-fila, but that is the gossip that goes along with this. I bought a box of 10 for 15 dollars at our local Sam's Club. I actually thought it was just for the chicken patty, but when I opened it, it was the bun and the chicken patty. It did not come with mayo or the pickle.

Instructions were to open one end and put in microwave for 80-90 seconds and then let sit a minute. I had to add another 40 seconds to mine. I checked by slipping my finger under the bun and in the middle of the chicken and poked it, evidently if it was hot it was finished, mine was still a little chilly.

I am not a big fan of anything microwaved. Especially anything with bread. After microwaving this, I waited a minute, slipped it out and put mayo an a pickle on it. If you look closely the chicken has a little dill seasoning on it, so it does have little pickle taste.


I actually thought it was a pretty good chicken sandwich for a quickie. The bun was nowhere close to a soft hamburger bun, but seeing as they needed something to withstand the microwaving they made a good choice.





Here's a shot of the inside. I probably will buy these for the kids as a quick snack, as a treat. I am sure I can come up with a more frugal way, and cut costs, but for now these might be on my shopping list. 

I thought they did a good job.

Just thought I would share a new item post, so that you can see for yourself, before you buy. It can save you the time and the money. If you find and try them, please share with me, what you think.
Subscribe to my blog anytime

So, For now,

Keeping it simple, because the simple things are the best.
Louise

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wrap in a paper towel and microwave. I didn’t like the soggy texture when microwaving in the plastic.

Popular Posts