Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza





Good Morning.

Being raised on good eating and having a great Sunday Breakfast. I decided to figure this one out. Mine have always loved a good biscuit and gravy. Finding some days a good biscuit, can sometimes be a little a little daunting, the frozen are okay, the can are not for my taste. So on days when I don't feel like doing the whole baking thing, I whip this up. You can for the crust, use any that you like I have even made from scratch and I always keep a 50 cent pkg of the pizza dough crust mix in the cabinet. The gravy is easy also, I love the white gravy in the packets (you can of course make a roux and make your own)
I hope you give this a try. Let me know if you liked it.

Hey even subscribe to my blog. I would love to have some followers. Motivates me to be creating and cooking.


Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza

What you will need:

1 lb of breakfast sausage
* A small minced onion (my kids don't like so I hold back)
1 pkg of  white gravy mix (makes 2 cups when added water)
1 pizza crust in the roll
1/2 to 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
Salt
Pepper (I love a lot on this)

How to prepare:

1> Prepare the crust. Place parchment paper on a large sheet pan. Spray the parchment paper with a non stick spray. Open pizza crust, roll out and spread out to the edges. Pop in the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes to give it a little firmer crust. Pull out and sit to the side.

2> Take the breakfast sausage and saute into crumbles. Do not cook the sausage until crispy, just a nice brown. The crispier it gets, it starts to take on a burnish taste.  At this point, I do not drain, I don't really get much to drain, I pour in the two cups of water that say on the gravy mix packet.

3> Then add the gravy packet, salt and pepper to your preference and stir until thicken.

4> Pour evenly over the top of the pizza crust. I then spread it all the way out to the edges.


5> Then sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese. ( I lightly do this)


6> Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Check always the bottom of crust to make sure it is brown. The top should melt right away.


It is best to let it cool for about 5 minutes. It makes it a little easier to handle.

I hope you give it a try.

It is one of our Sunday morning favorites. I make this and then I do one with eggs, bacon and cheese.

I wanted to share with you this recipe, and post it here for safe keeping.

So, For now

Keeping it simple, because the simple things are the best.

Louise

Comments

Popular Posts