My Mom's Chicken Liver Pate' via the Air Fryer





Mom's Chicken Liver Pate'

Hello again, I have been busy little cook today and I had to just share and share. If you like my blog, would you please subscribe. It really keeps me humming and motivated.

This is not for the faint of heart, and you have to love chicken livers and you have to be able to handle them without being squeamish. Almost like oysters...ugh..that is my weakness to do.

I do not necessarily use this brand, I use any that are in the store, this is the only picture I had

I know I just seem to be praising my air fryer all the time. This bad boy even sits on my dinner table off to the side and I cook and create with it all the time. I have both kinds but for now I am using the air fryer oven. It is a NuWave with the three shelves. It is just like a mini oven, but quicker and you have to get used to using it.
this is just a borrowed pic of mine.

Now of course you can saute your livers in a pan or even bake them.

For the chicken pate' I used a 9 inch aluminum foil pan. It fits just perfect in this oven. I ordered those off of Amazon also.


Now the pictures of course are of chicken livers. They are not the prettiest things to look at or touch or even admit you eat. They are something I guess is an acquired taste and my mother made it all the time when we were little. So it is my favorite. I like it warm and I like it cold. So you know I made enough to cover both ways.

So let's busy.

Mom's Chicken Liver Pate'


What you need:

1 container of chicken livers
1 1/2 small diced onion (hold back the extra 1/2 and you decide how you like your pate'
salt
pepper

How to make the chicken liver pate'

1> Take the container of livers and first I cut them apart from each other, getting the small strands of membranes that sometime connect them and next rinse them off and then put them in the silver 9 inch pan.


2> Diced very small the onion and put it on top.

3> Put in air fryer on middle rack. Put on 370 for 20 minutes and stir midway. Take your tongs and kinda pulled up and moved around, don't worry about breaking them up.

4> After the first 20 minutes up the air fryer to 400 for the 15 minutes and again stirred them up. They did have a lot of juice to begin with but as they cook up the juices evaporate.Check to make sure they are all cooked (they are meatier, instead of squishy)

4> Remove and in the same pan, take a fork and start to smash them. I found that the air fryer cooked them really well and I got a great smash on them. You can put them in a processor if you like the smoothness. At this point you can stop and use now, or put in the fridge and use cold.

* I add the other 1/2 small diced onion into my mix, the fresh onion and the warm chicken livers make the onion tender, but gives the whole dish texture.




I serve this on just plain old saltine crackers. Or if I wanting to watch the carbs I will use pork rinds. They have a pork rind, like microwave popcorn, so the warm rind and cold pate' ohhhhh gives me shivers. I really like this one.



So if you like chicken livers and you can tolerate to look at them, then I would advise to try it. My mother always said it was a delicacy to eat it. She also loved goose liver. I guess being from her era they ate a lot more of different things, especially when it was home made.

So, For now,
Keeping it simple, because the simple things are the best.

Louise



Comments

Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Airfryer

Popular Posts