Chicken and Stuffing Crockpot Style



So, it is the middle of August and I know, but it just really hits me that would be a delicious meal.
This of course if going to be one of those, no recipe kinda dishes.

I am just going to tell you what I did and you can look around and see what you have for yours.

Chicken and Stuffing Crockpot Style

Ingredients:

The main ones are of course Chicken ( you can have any kind you want, as long as it is boneless and skinless) I prefered the boneless because the crockpot cooks it down and you don't want to be fishing out bones. I used boneless, skinless thighs, and it made me very happy.

The other for sure ingredient is Stuffing. (I used two boxes of family stove top, that I got at mark down) I used alot because I wanted leftovers.)

And one more, some kinda cream of something soup, or chicken broth, package gravy. Just to amp up the flavor.

The other ingredients in mine, where what I had in my refrigerator. You could have used the last of your teriyaki sauce, any left over veggies you have hanging out.

Instructions:

I also use a crockpot liner, because I am a lazy, lazy woman...naw.. just makes it easier to clean up.

I took my skinless, boneless thighs ( I think I had about 2 per person x 5 = 10) I tossed mine with a container of leftover garlic butter spread that I bought a few weeks ago when I was diet weak and wanted bread. Layered chicken in bottom of crockpot.

Then in a bowl, dumped stuffing in, I used one can of turkey gravy (that I had since last year) filled it three times with water and I had a pkg of chicken soup single mix, that made my flavorful wet stuff to mix with dry stuffing.. just make moist. You will need to just eyeball that. If you have any veggies, now would be the time for that too.

I poured that on top.

Turned on crockpot on low..6 hours later...yummy

I had to test it at lunch time, so no one would get sick..lol.. It was heavenly, and so tender and moist. I turned it down to low and will probably turn it off an hour before we eat. Mine don't like things too hot.

I can see my leftovers with this. I will make some tv dinners if I get any left over. If not just the stuffing, then I will go to the deli and get some turkey (ask for a medium sliced ) and put with stuffing and make those tv dinner. A little gravy on top and you are set.

I hope this was an okay way to describe it. It is just one of those recipes that you just throw in.

Good luck and let me know how it worked for you. Enjoy it, you can't go wrong at all.

Get out there and make something yours today..

Comments

Popular Posts