Egg Baked in a Portabella Mushroom wwpp=3




Hey there and happy Wednesday! 

School is starting here in Douglas County, Ga, on Monday. All my kids will be off to school. Kinda sad, but always kinda excited on the new things ahead for them.

My littlest just turned 4, on July 22, and he is going to stay home this year, I will pre-K him on my own. I can actually teach him and he is not exposed to the routine of a school day. Next year he will be in Kindergarten and that will make him a little more mature and ready. Although, I have been contemplating homeschooling, just not sure I want to make the commitment. I struggle with that subject.

So as you can guess, I will be praying on that.

My 15yo boy will be in 10th grade. Ugh, I really should home school him, but he wouldn't listen to me. He really doesn't like school, but I am afraid if I don't make him go, he could not get any socializing, because he is so shy. So another subject to take up with my prayers..

My oldest is 21 and has a year and half to go at college. Wow, time has breezed by so quickly. She has turned into quite a woman, human being, she will make a terrific Math Teacher.  She got her first car a month ago and it really is so wonderful seeing her getting a break. I wish her the brightest future, and much success.

So we are off into a new school year.

I have renewed my Weight Watcher Membership and I am ready for my commitment to eat healthy and get this weight off. I figure if you keep trying then it counts. Right?

For the recipe that I made today, I am really loving baked eggs. This is actually very easy and just requires about 10-15 minutes in a 375 degree oven. I also find them good later, cold.

I went to our Aldi's and the had a big old selection of Portabella Mushrooms, so needless to say they were in my cart and my mind was whirling on how to use them.

Egg Baked in a Portabella Mushroom      wwpp=3

Ingredients:

Portabella Mushrooms (One per person, or actually at this point value 2 is good too, but the one filled me up)

1/4 cup of fat free shredded cheddar cheese (per mushroom)

1 medium egg (that is per Mushroom)

Instructions:

1) Brush off your mushroom ( I choose not to rinse, so they don't soak up the water)

2) Turn over the mushroom and pull off stem (carefully) and I made a little hollow for my egg to sit)


3) Put mushroom on a piece of foil, sprayed with pam spray, and on a cookie sheet.

4) A little salt and pepper.


5) Crack the egg in the middle.


6) Sprinkle with the cheese ( any kind you actually like, just watch the ww points)


7) Pop in the oven at 375 for anywhere between 10-15-20 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs cooked.

This is the finished product.



It turned out very yummy, actually thinking next time I could have probably snuck a bit of spinach under there and maybe a laughing cow cheese under that egg..hmmm..potential..potential

So for all you out there, give it a try. Eat your veggies.

Get out there and make something.. live each day to the fullest...

Comments

Popular Posts