Cauliflower / Broccoli Salad wwpp = 2 pt cup




This is one of my all time favorite salads. I actually make this for myself and eat it all by myself.  I actually don't even share. I used the low fat mayonnaise the only problem that I had with that was that it was really a good salad the first day, after that the mayo kinda watered down.  I only used half of the broccoli and cauliflower that way I could make a fresh batch in a few days. You could just add another tablespoon to freshen it up. I also for the first time used a little lemon juice and zest. I like the little zippy taste.

Cauliflower / Broccoli Salad       wwpp= 2 pt for cup         Makes 4 cups


Ingredients:

1/2 Head of Cauliflower

1/2 Stalk, Head of Broccoli

1/4 cup of minced onion

1/3 cup of dried cranberries  (you can add raisins, check the points)

3 tablespoons of lite Mayonnaise

1/3 cup of red wine vinegar

1/4 cup of splenda

Instructions:

1) Cut the Cauliflower into bite size pieces, put in bowl.

2) Cut the Broccoli into bite size pieces. ( I usually for this salad cut really close to the bushy things and the rest I put up to roast another day) put it in the bowl.

3) In the bowl add to the veggies, the minced onions, the cranberries, vinegar , splenda, and mayonnaise.

4) Stir well and put in fridge just so the flavors merry. I am usually guilty of eating it right then.

This salad is really a great one, you just sometimes need something a little cold and it is all veggies, couldn't get more of a vitamin pack at one time.


_______________________________________________________________________

It is always a great thing for me to share. It may be something you have always fixed. It may just charge up a craving. Either way I hope reading my blog is a sweet experience.

Thanks again.

Have a great day..get out there and make it yours...

Comments

Healthytips said…
Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about cauliflower. Please keep sharing. Cauliflower Juice Benefits For Disease

Popular Posts