Spinach In An Eggroll Wrapper wwpp=2 pt a piece



This was born after I was playing around with the eggroll wrappers. They are really great little things to work with. I had just made the sweet wontons and was craving something just a little bit more savory. This was born.

Spinach in an Eggroll Wrapper    wwpp= 2 pt   you can have 3 for 4 points (made 8)

Ingredients:

1 cup of chiffonade spinach

1/2 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup of minced onion

2 tsp of garlic

non stick spray

Instructions:

1) Take the spinach and we need to chiffonade them. The reason we have to do this is that it makes it actually cook in time that it takes to brown.
      To chiffonade. pile up a stack of spinach leaves, I cut off the stems. Then I roll the stack into like a cigar and cut into thin ribbons.

2) Mince up the onion (this too, needs to be small enough to cook while it is browning.

3) Mix spinach, onion, garlic and cheese all together in a bowl.

4) Lay out the eggroll wrapper. Fill lightly about middle to one side. Wet the edges and pull over to create a rectangle.

5) Seal the sides. Wet the sealed sides a little more and fold over to create a lip that holds in all the mix and cheese.



6) Gentle lay folded side down into a pan sprayed with pam spray and start to brown. Use low to medium and slowly build up to it getting brown.



I made all eight of these. Please again let them cool. I find that when you mix the spinach and cheese together you seem to use less. Wontons are 3 for 4 points. I actually only ate 2 and I was a happy girl.

__________________________________________

I am actually plugging along on my WW diet. I love trying to make something we have at home. I don't like waste and I also have children that have to eat along with me. They more I find we can eat and create, seems the better I do. I think about food anyway, so lets make that a positive part of my life.

I hope everyone is enjoying my blog. Please feel free to comment. Feel free to try it..
Remember to always get out there, experiment...make it yours..


Comments

Popular Posts