Cauliflower-Brocolli Salad







I was looking today, for something fresh to eat. I am over all the heavy Thanksgiving foods and such. I am enjoying way too many cookies. So I decided to get my veggies in me.

Today I made a Cauliflower-Broccoli Salad. Fresh, cool taste and really not bad for you.

Cauliflower- Broccoli Salad

Ingredients:

1/2 head of cauliflower (cut into little bites) (don't throw anything away, put to the side)

1 head of broccoli (cut also into the little bites -little trees) (don't throw those stalks away)

2 tablespoons of minced onion

1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries

1/4 cup of mayonnaise ( I use fat free)

2tsp of sugar (I used stevia)

3 tbs of red wine vinegar

Instructions:

1) Mix all together and let chill.

This was my lunch today. I just enjoy the freshness. I have seen this recipe with bacon added. But hey I figured if I didn't miss it I wouldn't miss it. Less calories and more cookies.

With all the left over cauliflower and broccoli you can save it up in freezer and make a soup. What I did was go through my entire refrigerator and made a whole tray of veggies to roast for dinner tonight. Then what is left will be put in fridge for later this week to make into meatloaf or a Stromboli. Not really sure yet.

I am hoping to get back and post a few more before the Christmas Eve. I do an appetizer night on Christmas Eve. I hope that this next year, brings you many blessings..

Please take time for you and your family and make memories. They are the glue to what makes you who you are. It really is just that simple...From my house to yours...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!




Comments

Popular Posts