Spinach Artichoke Dip



We seem to always have appetizers and I am always trying to make them at least a little healthier.

This is my spinach artichoke dip. This year I decided to make the dip, leave in container in the refrigerator and then take it out, and put in a small throw away able (like a pot pie pan) that way we would only eat what we would like, instead of just eating to keep from wasting.
The leftover that I have I am using to stuff into my sweet peppers this week. Note that I really try not to waste anything.

The artichokes were really a find at the Aldis, they were just canned in water. Which in turn brought the calories way down. I you can't find any you can leave them out. I just like the texture that they bring to the game.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Ingredients:

1 bag of frozen spinach (12 oz-16 oz) (I cut it up just a bit) (thaw and get water out)
1 jar of artichokes (cut them up just a bit )
1/2 block of fat free cream cheese
1/8 cup of fat free mayo
1/4 cup of fat free sour cream
2 tbs of grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
garlic powder
1tbs of Worcestershire sauce

Instructions:

1) Mix all together and put into a baking dish.

2) Bake at 350 until all bubbly.

Serve with anything to dip. I use wheat thins.

When you make things simple and I even doubled this one. So it is even more simpler for the next time.

This mixture I also can use stuffed into shells, rolled into pinwheels,
pizza bread sticks.  It can be remade into a brand new appetizer.

I wanted to share this so you can have a few ideas of what we have been making over here.

From my family to yours....Here is hoping you have a wonderful Christmas, Holidays and a very Happy New Year!.

Comments

Popular Posts