Blackened Salmon with Cannellini Beans on Rice






With a name like that above sounds like I have been to a restaurant. Everyone knows that in today's day and time things are getting more and more expensive. It has actually gotten us to almost never order out or dine out. Seems to me I can buy not only better quality of food, but quantity. I am finding the places we eat out seem to be cutting back too.

This I know probably you are thinking lots of work. Nope. I am going to lead you on my cheatin' ways.

Blackened Salmon with Cannelloni Beans on Rice  serves 2

Ingredients: (this is where we do the cheating)

1 bag of Uncle Ben's 90 second Rice. ( I usually get these on sale, with a coupon, but I keep at least 2-3 in my pantry for a fast start to a meal)
You can also pick the flavor you like.


2 Pieces of Single Serving Salmon (I buy mine already individually sealed and frozen from Sams, Aldi's also has some. I keep a bag in the freezer)




1 Can of Cannelloni Beans  (These are white kidney beans, a little more upscale, fancier)


2 tbs of Coconut Oil (you can cook in whatever you like, my new thing is coconut oil, if not then olive oil)

Some Cajun Blackening Spices (any kind)



Instructions:

1) Pop Rice in Microwave (rip top and 90seconds) Then divide into two shallow bowls.

2) Put coconut oil in a sautee pan and heat up, coat both sides of salmon with the spice. Slide slowly into the pan.  (Medium Heat)

3) DO NOT FLIP UNTIL YOU SEE ON THE OUTSIDE THE PINK ON THE BOTTOM ALMOST GET TO 1/8 INCH FROM THE MIDDLE. THEN FLIP AND WATCH AGAIN. WHEN YOU GET ALL WHITE WITH A THIN PINK LINE IT IS READY.

4) Put your salmon on top of Rice.

5) Throw beans into the leftover spices and oil, saute just a minute. Then toss to the side of the salmon on top of the rice.


I served this with my usual Sweet Southern Tea.. and it was a delightful, and really filling meal. 

___________________________________

I worked on trying to find a recipe that used no water, except to clean up. Maybe it will make your struggles less for a moment.

A shout out to all my hometown, friend and families in WVa. I am praying that they resolve the water problem and there is no other casualties from it.

Keep in mind, you are always welcome here. Gotta a warm bed, hot shower and good food.

Love to All.... "It really is just that Simple!"



Comments

Popular Posts