Crockpot Stuffed Peppers
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
1 lb of ground beef
1/2 diced onion
2 cans of diced tomatoes
Medium can of tomatoe sauce
2 cups of instant rice
4 green peppers
1) Cut all peppers long way in half, clean seeds, they look like boats.
Another way is to just cut the top off, about an inch from the stem and then stuff. They actually fit better in the crock pot this way.
However I still like the half cut and it looks like boats and I just off set stacked them and they cooked just fine.
Here is a picture of them in the crock pot.
2) Mix all the ingredients except 1 can of the diced tomatoes, can of tomatoe sauce and the ketchup above in a bowl and stuff into each pepper. Always stuff to the edge. The rice will cook and rise.
(any extra you can just put on top of them more, or just make a little place to put just stuffing.)
3) Put into the crock pot. You can shift stack them where you need.
4) Pour about 2 inches of water in bottom. Pour can of tomatoes all over the tops of the peppers. Also pour tomatoe sauce on top. then I also make a little trail of ketchup on top too.
5) Let cook on high for about 5 hours.
All one meal, in one pot.
This is one of my go to, kinda lazy meals. If you are even more lazy you can cut up the peppers in the bottom and lay mixture on top and cook like a casserole.
Either way, it is warm and comforting. A hot loaf of bread and butter and it is a complete meal.
"It really is just that simple"