Hummus and Chips


Hummus

This is one of those foods that I will only eat if I make them at home, I find that the store one's are just too tart or tangy. I also like to make things so that I know what is in them. I even made my own chick peas from the actual dried ones. Doing that gave me at least a quart full of chick peas. I used half and froze half. Giving me equal to about 3-4 cans. And mine were only a dollar a bag. A can of chick peas can run about a dollar. So I save a bit but still in a pinch using the can is easier, and of course quicker.


This is really easy and alot of the ingredients you will need to taste to get the right taste that you prefer.

Hummus

Ingredients:

2 cans or 2 cups of chick peas (save the liquid to use if it is too thick to blend)

garlic salt (you can use garlic powder, or some use garlic clove but the clove is bitter to me)

1/4 cup of tahini paste

1/4 cup of lemon juice (to taste, add just a little first and them more)

1/4 cup of olive oil.

sea salt (to taste)

Instructions:

1) Blend this all together. To make a nice puree. Some like it chunky. You can make it the way you like it.



Serve with a warm pita, or cold pitas. Or you can make a quick pita chip. Take your pita and cut in 8ths and then split it apart. Lay on a microwaveable plate. Squirt with Pam spray and sprinkle a little sea salt.
Microwave for one minute. Wait a minute and they will crisp up as the cool. Then proceed to dip.



My kids will eat hummus on a spoon, on a chip, anything. I love the taste of the chick peas. I like it warm and then I like it ice cold from the fridge.

This is a great summer time snack. When dinner is just a bit too heavy when it is hot outside.

So get to trying this and let me know..

Keep it yours, add spinach, add basil. there is so many different things you can do . It really can be just that simple.

Comments

Popular Posts