Fried Pickles








Okay, it took me a few days but I finally just did it. I always loved fried pickles and really don't have the money or the time to go out and get some. So here is my experiment with Fried Pickles. Keep reading, I made a great little sweet treat at the end. I hope you enjoy trying them or just enjoy the reading. Everyone have a great Sunday!


Fried Pickles

The Pickles


I really liked using whole pickles and slicing them about ¼ of ½ inch thick. I thought about using the already pre-cut dill slices. The slices I cut had a much better pickle flavor. I used about 4 because they started to eat them up quick.

Dry Part

Make a flour mix ( I didn’t measure just put it in a gallon baggie, so I can flour my pickles)
In mine I put, garlic powder, paprika, and a little pepper into the flour.

Wet Part

1 egg, a dash of hot sauce, a bit of milk and mix up. (when I researched it some put in a bit of the pickle juice)

Instructions:

Get oil going in a pan. I just used a frying pan with about 2-3 inches of oil.
Put all pickle pieces into the baggie of flour mixture and shake till well covered.
Then I slowly picked them out and dredged them into the egg mixture (the wet part) and dropped them into the oil.

Fry them until brown, remove and put on paper towels.

Please let them cool, they are really tasty when they cool. They are really tasty when they are hot, but they really hurt your mouth.


When they were all eaten, I decided that I didn’t want to waste oil. Frugal of me. I had some tortillas in the drawer and I cut them up in half and then into strips, dropped them into the oil, until brown, onto paper towels and put cinnamon and sugar all over them (you must do this while hot)

They were really out of this world. What a quickie sweet thing.
So tonight we had fried pickles and cinnamon and sugar tortillas.
I hope you one day give it a try, it was worth the experiment. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts