Tuna Melt Pizza (Pizza Style) wwpp=5 pt per 1/4 pie


Yesterday, I was craving fresh tomatoes from the garden. I asked my husband to stop at a local farmers market and he picked me up some, however..they were getting too ripe. So this morning I decided to use them quickly. I figured what is good with tomatoes, hmmmm...tuna.. hmmmm...what to eat it with. Now you know I could have just eaten it as tuna salad, stuffed in a tomato, but hey that is a whole other recipe...(I assure you I will share that one down the road)

For the crust of my tuna melt, I go to a Big Lots here in town and they have this


It is a wonderful tasty little bugger. For those Weight Watcher Plus Points it rates as 3 points per quarter. It also is thin and makes it a little crunchy.

Well let me get on to the creation..


Tuna Melt  (Pizza Style)

Ingredients:

1 can 5oz can of tuna ( I use albacore, seemed to flake better)

1 -2 tomatoes (sliced thin)

1/2 cup of fat free mozzarella cheese

3 tbsp of fat free ranch dressing

garlic, salt , pepper, Italian seasoning


Instructions:

1) Spray your pan that you are going to lay your crust on.

2) Spread the 3tbs of ranch fat free dressing on the crust.

3) Lay on the tomato slices.


4) Drain tuna and crumble on top of tomato slices.


5) Top with Fat Free Mozzarella cheese


6) Sprinkle  a little Italian seasoning, salt and pepper on top.
7) Bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes, until top is melted.



I really enjoyed this one. After all the tally of points, I came out with about 5 pts per quarter. It was a nice portion and with a nice salad on the side, could be a complete meal.

*** note *** next time I might try the shredded cheddar on top. The mozzarella was a little mild for me. So if you try it, let me know what you think.

____________________________________________________

This was a great meal for me, had all the balance I need for a meal, especially doing Weight Watchers. I even got the kids to try it. Score one for the MOM...

Let me run on outta here...got to get onto that laundry, my screaming kid and guess what he wants to play...with the kids band stuff....ohhhhhhh...headache here we come...

Get out there, change one thing, a small thing...feed your soul...

Comments

Popular Posts