Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon (revision) wwpp= 1pt for 2 pieces
I thought this was the most appetizing picture of my wrapped green beans. I cut them with a knife right in the middle of the bacon and look how pretty.
I guess I should get on to telling you what a really easy and tasty way to make green beans. This is going to replace the green bean casserole this holiday.
Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon (for wwpp= 2 bundles =1pt))
Ingredients: (with the 2 bags of beans and 1 package of bacon I got 26 bundles)
1-3 bags Long string green beans. ( I did these with fresh the first time and they were good. This time, the pictured above, I used frozen, and they did just wonderfully and they were easier to stack up and roll.)
1 package of bacon
2 tablespoons of splenda brown sugar (or brown sugar- be sure if you are ww- check the points)
1) Lay out a large cookie sheet with foil, spray with Pam.
2) Take package of Bacon and cut into thirds.
3) Lay out the piece bacon, Lay in a bundle of green beans in the middle and roll up.
4) Lay seam side down on tray, they can lay a bit close, without touching, they did just fine.
5) After all bundles are down, sprinkle with soy sauce and sprinkle the brown sugar on each.. just a dab.
6) Bake at 375 for about 30-40 minutes, check they will be done when bacon is brown and carmely.
|looked so good, that it even made the paper plate look good!|
I actually hid a few for today, they were just so good. I guess anything wrapped in bacon is good. I like that actually cut the bacon in half and got a really great taste and a little less calories.
My son thinks this would be great with asparagus..hmmm..
The next time I will try turkey bacon. It actually in ww world only cuts about 1/4 point and not sure how it will deliver on taste, but I will let you know. Sometimes, even though we are trying to eat healthy, that we need a balance and a serving of bacon won't disrupt too much.. now the whole package, is another matter.
If you give this a shot, let me know how it turned out for you.
Today is a beautiful day.. get out there and make it yours.
I had to revise this to fit the third of a piece of bacon, it ended up making 42 bundles. They are soooo yummy and even better the next day. Mine were eating them cold.
I am reprinting this one to share for the holidays, it is definitely going to be on our table.